Pet Friendly RV Rentals Las Vegas, Nevada
Search For RV Rentals
RVing With Pets in Las Vegas
While Las Vegas is the go-to place to consider when you’re looking to do a little gambling, it’s also a great city to consider when you want to travel with your furry friend. The city itself has plenty of glamorous places to visit, including the MGM Grand and the Bellagio, but if you want to bring along Fido, Barkin’ Basin and the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area are great pet friendly destinations.
When you don't want to leave your dog or cat behind, renting a pet friendly RV is the way to go. RVs are very pet friendly, and since they are homelike, your little friends will be much more comfortable. Additionally, these accommodations can be as comfortable as five-star hotels, and it’s also effortless to get from place to place in one. RVshare also can help turn up the comfort level a bit by providing you with a rental that’s by-owner, which means that the vehicle accommodations may make the trip feel more like staying with relatives.
There are a wide variety of pet friendly RV rentals Las Vegas, and whether you choose something simple and small or a more luxurious home on wheels, you and your pet will have a comfortable time. There are even a few RV parks and campgrounds in the area that are worth considering because they are dog and cat friendly.
Do RV Rentals in Las Vegas Allow Dogs?
When you’re in the area, you’ll find that there are quite a few RV options for pet owners, and if you want to find an RV rental in Las Vegas, RVshare is a great option. With RVshare, you can find rentals by owner, and when you rent this way, you can find RV rentals Las Vegas pet friendly because the owner already has accommodations for an animal. Remember, pets find areas with other animal scents more reassuring, so you can expect a type of rental like this to be much easier for your dog.
Here are a couple of types of RVs to consider:
- Teardrop campers: A good teardrop camper is a perfect for way for a couple and their dog to get away and have some quality time. These trailers are towable and can be towed with just about any type of vehicle. The main compartment usually consists of a bedding area with some surrounding storage space, and you wouldn’t be wrong if you consider these RVs to be something like “towable tents.” The chief difference is that these can also have external food preparation areas.
- Travel trailers: Travel trailers are perfect for travelers with families. These can easily accommodate families from four to eight people, and they are very spacious so that your dog has an area to explore. These also have full-sized sleeping quarters, so your dog will have his or her choice of sleeping/cuddling partners.
Can Cats Travel in an RV?
When you’re RVing with pets in Las Vegas, you’ll need space, especially if your pet is a finicky feline. Cats love to be up high, so any RV that has some explorable vertical space is going to be a hit with your pet. For this reason, consider these RV options:
- Campervans: In many cases, campervans have a two-tiered system that sometimes places the sleeping quarters atop the body of the van that the Class B motorhome is built on. This means that there will be a comfortable sleeping area high up, so this will be a hit with the felines. Also, Class B’s also have a very easy-to-drive design, so if you’re going to be exploring Las Vegas, try one out.
- Class C Motorhomes: Class C motorhomes also have good vertical spacing for cats and also provide good floor space for toys, litter boxes, and water and food dishes. These also are motorized so that you won’t need a tow vehicle.
Can You Leave Pets in an RV?
As a general rule, it’s always a good idea to take your pets with you, but if you’re forced to leave them behind for a short period of time, there are options.
Here are a few things to consider:
- Ventilation: If it’s a hot day, make sure the cabin of your RV is well-ventilated. This means running the AC if need be or just being sure that there’s good air flow. To keep an eye on the temperature, you can use temperature monitoring devices that alert you if it gets too hot.
- Hydration: Always keep copious amounts of water in the RV for your pet to drink. Water helps cool your pets down during warm days.
- Time away: Keep periods where you leave your pets behind as short as possible. Remember, nervous pets can sometimes scratch furniture or just tear some internal components of the RV, so take some precautions so that you don't have to pay for any damage.
How to Find a Pet Friendly RV Rental in Las Vegas
When you’re visiting Vegas, it’s fairly easy to find a good campground, but keep in mind that not every rental is pet friendly. On RVshare, you can use the pet filter to quickly get a list of owners who have a pet friendly RV policy. If the specific pets they allow are not listed, you can contact them directly and find out.
Always ask beforehand, and if you’re looking to find an easy pet friendly rental, check out RVshare. The site has several pet friendly RV options in Vegas that are worth considering. Many of these are very comfortable for dogs and cats. They can even help you find good pet friendly campgrounds in Las Vegas.
When it comes to versatility, in many circles, the Class C motorhome is considered to be one of the most pet friendly due to its homelike design. You can quickly prepare food in the kitchenette, and it’s very easy to eat comfortably thanks to a dedicated dining area. There’s plenty of room for a restless dog to explore or a cat to play, and these are fairly easy to drive for a new RVer.