Stanley's toy house.
Stanley's toy house.
- 2011 Forest river sandstorm
- Travel Trailer
- Sleeps 8
- Length 31 ft.
Pull behind toyhauler with 11'6 garage space and able to hold razor plus 2 atvs. On board generator and fueling station so perfect for sites without hookups.
- Minimum Age: 25
- Pet Friendly: Yes
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Smoking Allowed: No
- Pick Up Anytime After: 12:00 PM
- Drop Off By: 6:00 PM
- Cruise Control: No
- Power Steering: No
- Fuel Consumption: 0 miles per gallon
- Fresh Water Tank: Yes
|Electric Generator||Roof Air Conditioning|
|Fire Extinguisher||iPod Docking Station|
|DVD Player||AM/FM Radio|
|Hot & Cold Water Supply|
- $130.00 / nightly
- $800.00 / weekly
- $2,800.00 / monthly
- Minimum Nights: 1
- Refundable damage deposit: $500.00
- Excess generator usage: $10.00/hour
- Insurance: $14.95/day (sales tax not included)
- Cleaning: $100.00
- Septic dump: $100.00
- 3 hours per night generator usage included with rental for free.
Nothing worked and the owner is dishonest. This was a death trap on wheels. No power, lead to no fridge, no AC, no water pump, no water heater,no lights, no vent, huge stains, dirty rental, full shitter. Instead, we rented a dirty, over priced tent, full of someone else's feces.
Owner attempted to cut a back door deal and asked me to cancel with RV share and offered to rent directly to me for 30.00 less. He complained about RV shares fees being too high. I refused and looked for a different rental but couldn't find one because it was the eclipse weekend in Oregon.
We rented this for a summer event where we would be dry camping. Told the owner we needed something with air conditioning and lots of water. Owner stated air conditioner worked great, generator worked great and included 3 hours of daily generator use. Fresh water tank is 103 gallons. I paid a little more than other rentals because this one had everything we needed.
On touring the RV, I was a nervous because the RV had a smashed jack and the owner said it had dead batteries but he had just replaced them and would fix the jack before we picked it up.
He said everything worked. He was going out of the state but said his brother and dad would help us pick it up. He offered to rent at a reduced price if I cancelled with RV share. Said he didn't like paying them 25%. He claimed he did it all the time. I declined his offer and was very uneasy about renting from him. RV share didn't have any other rentals available for the eclipse weekend.
When we picked it up, my husband was put in an unsafe situation where the guy hooked up the RV without a pin for the ball. The RV came off the ball a mile down the road. Thank God my husband pulled over to check it before we had an accident.
We had to rig a screw driver through it (pic)
I immediately notified the owner of issues we found while parking it at my house.
1. It was dirty - owner said he would give me a discount for cleaning it. Then when I asked him for the 100.00 cleaning fee of whoever returned it to him dirty. He said that was only if it was really dirty. I was disgusted to be forced to clean another persons dirty toilet but this was the eclipse week and I couldn't find another rental the day before our trip.
2. Back bench broke in center.
3. Cracked propane cover was not a big deal but just documented it.
4. Front left Jack missing. Owner did not replace, he just removed. Which created unsafe condition when leveling the trailer.
5. The vent over bunk bed was broken off and there were huge stains on the bed. I took pictures to prove it was pre-existing. Owner apologized and denied being aware of it.
6. The owner failed to empty his tanks after the last use. Grey water was 1/3 full and black water was 3/4 full. The owner checked the display during the tour but did not acknowledge this or empty them prior to us renting it one week later.
7. The fresh water tank read as empty but water kept backing out the full spout. It wouldn't fill past 1/3 full. Not sure if someone jammed something down the spout and blocked it. I asked a friend, who is an RV owner. They came over and couldn't fix it. We googled it and even downloaded the manual for this RV. We leveled it as the owner advised and still unable to fill the tank. We hoped it was just an air bubble and went to our camp site 40 minutes away. Later we had to drive back and buy food grade 55 gallon barrel to use for water because the tank never filled.
The first day we arrived the battery issues began and the generator died.
The generator was only 1/2 full and it must have been old gas or in bad shape because it was cutting out after only 20 minutes. It wouldn't charge the batteries sufficiently for the night. The owner warned me that the batteries would die if we didn't run the generator every morning. I tried to prevent this by turning off the water pump, water heater, and switching the fridge over to gas. We woke to dead batteries and zero power. The dead batteries caused the generator to not turn over. I know this isn't supposed to happen but I think the owner rigged the wiring somehow.
I jump started the batteries and the generator started right up. It ran for an hour. The fridge got cold. Sadly, the generator died again and the batteries immediately showed as dead. For some reason, the generator didn't charge the batteries. I reread the manual and it mentioned a breaker on the generator that would flip if there wasn't enough voltage. I found the breaker and it was off. I flipped it and again, jumped the batteries. The generator ran for an hour and died. Batteries had 1/4 charge. I hoped this would be enough to trigger the fridge to light the pilot light for propane.
We had no air conditioning , water pump, water heater, lights, or toilet, shower, and the fridge wasn't working on propane!!! It was awful! I would have brought my camping gear if I had known.
I have pics of the generator hours to prove we only used 4 of 12 free hours. Temperatures were in the 90's and my daughter is 8 months pregnant. We were miserable.
The second day we tried to jump the batteries again but still couldn't get the generator to turn over. I borrowed a neighbors generator to run the fridge (whenever they weren't using it). We limped along the rest of our 5 day rental.
I recall that the owner stated he bought new batteries because old ones were dead. When I complained he admitted to only replacing one battery but said it should have worked fine. When I asked for a refund, he said only 100.00 because he couldn't reproduce the issues and it must have been something I did. I sent in videos and pictures of the issues. He denied that they actually occurred.
The owner accused me of lying because we didn't call him to report the additional issues. He knew that we did not have cell service and he already said he was out of the state.
..... this guy is dishonest and a sexist. I'm an intelligent and competent woman that can run an RV. If he had actually replaced the batteries, none of the issues would have happened. He lied about many issues and continues to deny them despite documentation.
Great all around! Trailer, communication, delivery and pickup was outstanding!