New York City, New York
Before choosing your RV rental for New York City, you need to determine whether you would like a motorhome that you can drive or a trailer to pull behind your vehicle. If you decide you prefer motorhome rentals for New York City, there are three main classes to choose from.
- Class A: The "tour bus" class of motorhomes is Class A. They range in length from 20 to 45 feet and offer plenty of space. If you have a large group that needs to sleep in the RV, this might be the rig for you.
- Class B: Class B motorhomes are nimble and convenient. They are van-sized RVs, so they can drive and park almost anywhere. Class Bs are great for singles or couples who choose mobility over space.
- Class C: Class C offers some benefits of both the Class A and B. They are truck-sized, which makes them easier to drive than Class As, but they offer more space than Class Bs. The engine is more fuel efficient than Class A RVs.
Do you already own a vehicle capable of towing and prefer having a separate vehicle for zooming around in during your vacation? Towable camper rentals in New York City might be for you. These are the different options:
- Travel trailer: This is the most common kind of camper trailer. It attaches directly to the hitch. They are versatile and come in a wide variety of sizes to suit your specific needs.
- Fifth wheel: The fifth-wheel trailers are attached to the flatbed of a pickup truck. You must have a certain caliber of truck to pull this sort of trailer. That being said, the position makes fifth wheels a bit more stable and easier to handle. They often have extra space compared to travel trailers.
- Pop-up camper: A pop-up camper rental in New York City could be advantageous because of its small size. You don't need a large vehicle to tow them, which is an advantage when you need to navigate the crowded streets of NYC.
RV Campgrounds Near New York City, NY
Although New York City is an urban area, it is concentrated enough that you can camp near the city. The following are some of the best RV campgrounds near NYC:
- Liberty Harbor RV Park
- Camp Gateway
- Black Bear Campground
- New York City North/Newburgh KOA
- Eastern Long Island Kampground
US National & State Parks Nearby New York City
Acadia National Park is in Maine but within driving distance of the metropolis of New York City. If you need a dose of nature and want to be away from the hustle of the city, this is a beautiful place to check out, but you'll need a few days to get there and enjoy the views.
New York State has over 180 state parks, including Bayswater Point State Park in Far Rockaway. This state park is a former Audubon bird sanctuary, and it’s still an excellent place to take a walk and watch the many migratory birds who stop there.
RV Storage Facilities in New York City, NY
Especially in NYC over other destinations, you may want to store your RV while you head into the city. Businesses have accounted for this and are available to safely store your rig for a few days or longer. Some of the RV storage options include:
- CubeSmart Self-Storage
- NJ Self Storage
Dumpstations Near New York City
New Jersey is your best bet when you’re looking for a dumpstation for your motorhome rental in New York City. Many of the aforementioned RV parks have their own stations. Also, check out:
- Middletown Sewage Authority in NJ
- Liberty Harbor Marina
- Route 1 Truckstop
Popular Tourist Attractions for an RV Rental New York City, NY
There is an abundance of tourist attractions in the Big Apple. A few places to check out in NYC are:
- Ellis Island: This is the storied landing spot for the nation's founding immigrants and home to the Statue of Liberty.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art: The largest art museum in the United States will keep you busy for a whole day, and you will leave feeling ultra-cultured.
- The Bronx Zoo: You don't have to venture to a national park to catch wildlife. Instead, trek into this urban jungle. Great for kids!
Sports and Entertainment Near New York City, NY
NYC is known for its sports teams. Major names include the Yankees, Mets, Jets, and Knicks. Madison Square Garden, home to the Knicks, is also an event center that hosts concerts, stand-up comedy, and other big-name entertainment.
Highways in or Near New York City, NY
Interstate 90 and 390 are two of the biggest roadways into NYC.