Pop Up Camper Rental
Search For RV Rentals
Should I Rent a Pop Up Camper?
If you’re planning on spending most of your travel time out and about, renting a pop-up camper could be the perfect option for your family!
Pop-up campers, also known as folding campers, are small, lightweight units that can be collapsed for easy storage and transport. They can be towed by most vehicles and when you need them, simply expand it and you’re all set.
Some of their standard features are canvas sides that expand to allow comfortable sleeping, basic cooking ability, and space to lounge with your family. If you want to get really luxurious, some of the higher end models also come equipped with toilets, showers, wastewater tanks and more. Some pop up campers even have hard sides, meaning a more insulated and secure home away from home.
Let’s take a quick look at how to get the best deals on popup RV rentals, where you can do so, and some of the advantages and disadvantages of renting a pop-up camper.
The Pros and Cons of a Pop Up Camper
If you think you want to rent a pop-up camper for your next getaway, you should know that taking that route comes with its advantages.
- Unlike most towable RVs, pop-ups don’t require you to have a certain kind of vehicle to lug it around. A regular minivan or small SUV will do. You can even tow a small pop up camper with many sedans and hatchbacks! Of course, check with your manufacturer to be sure before setting out on a pop-up adventure.
- Pop-ups have a low towing profile, which means towing them is pretty effortless. You don’t need special side view mirrors or anything crazy to get these things around. For a family with limited resources (or just doesn't have a huge truck), this could already be enough reason to choose a pop-up camper.
- The freedom you get when traveling with a pop up is almost unparalleled in the world of RVing. Once you unhook it, you’re good to go. Set up camp and then you’re free to do anything you want with your vehicle, without taking your kitchen and bathroom with you; unlike motorized RVs. Running down to the convenient store or going to the bank is made a lot simpler when you’re free of all the extra luggage.
- The rates for renting pop-up campers are much lower almost in every case. These are considered to be one of, if not the most, affordable units in the RV family. Who wouldn’t love to save as much as possible on accommodations?
Unfortunately, one of the biggest cons is setting it up and taking it down. Lots of experienced RVers agree that the process could be tedious with a pop-up camper. Also, compared to larger and more expensive RV units, pop-ups don’t really offer many amenities. But for most people, that shouldn’t be too much of a problem if you’re looking to spend most of your vacation time outside of your unit.
How and Where to get the Best Deals on Pop Up Campers
You keep hearing about how relatively inexpensive they can be, but how much do pop up campers for rent really cost? Well, the answer is that it really depends on what kind you’re renting, where you’re renting, when you’re renting, and who you’re renting from.
If you do a quick google search, you’ll soon come to find out that the average cost of renting a pop up is about $100 to $150 per night. If you want the camper with the most features, it’ll obviously cost you a little more. It’s not a bad price when you think about the fact that you can take it anywhere you go, and it beats staying in a tent for sure. But what if you want the absolute best price available?
RVshare offers the best possible deals on the highest quality pop up campers for rent. Prices, in general, start as low as a few dollars a night. The average rate for a top of the line pop up is about $70 per night. If you compare that to the national average, you’re already saving almost 50%!
Finding the best option for you and your family is as easy as a few clicks. Just enter in where you’d like to pick up and when, browse, and rent. Filter your results for the best experience. We make it easier to rent an RV through us than it is to book a night in a hotel room!
Making sure you get the best possible deal may require a little more work, but we’ll let you in on the secrets.
- First, try to be flexible enough to avoid renting during peak season; prices are just a little higher then.
- Renting for more days typically equals less per night.
- Lastly, get in contact with the owner and see what they may be willing to work out. We’ve seen many cases where owners in need of a renter drop rates or specific requirements, so it doesn’t hurt to ask!
The real secret is that even if you follow none of these suggestions, RVshare is still sure to impress you with our price difference.
Pop Up Trailer Camping Wrap Up
Choosing the perfect traveling unit isn’t always easy, but for families who prioritize savings over luxury, and convenience over style, pop up campers can be the perfect accommodation. With hundreds of different options in dozens of states, let RVshare bring you one step closer to the family vacation you’ve always dreamed of, while getting the best bang for your buck in the process!
Search For RV Rentals
Why Book Your RV Rental With RVshare
A secure payment system gives you peace of mind.
FREE 24/7 roadside assistance is provided for your entire trip.
5% cash back rewards to use towards your next trip.