Once the popular summer RVing season has come to an end, RV owners are left with the annual problem of finding a suitable storage solution. While some owners have the option to build a storage space on their own property to keep their RVs safe from the harsh elements of fall and winter, for others, the better (and sometimes only) solution is to store their RV at a storage facility.
There is a wide range of RV storage facilities.
Some are basic and inexpensive offering little more than parking space flanked by a chain-link fence for safety. This option may be attractive for those who don’t have the space to keep their vehicle on their own property, and only wish to spend a minimal amount for RV storage, but such locations have some obvious shortcomings, particularly stacked against indoor facilities.
Other, more expensive RV storage facilities may be worth the extra cost for some. They offer more in the way of security so you know your RV is safe, as well as an indoor space that keeps the hull of the RV from deteriorating while not in use. Vehicles will have some personal space to allow for maintenance while in storage. Security measures vary widely from place to place, so if safety is a large concern for you, or for the area you live in, look for locations with on-site security and surveillance systems.
These RV storage and repair locations will generally offer insurance policies, as some insurers don’t cover RVs while they’re in storage. In addition, many will provide their customers with optional access to repair and washing amenities, so you can have the vehicle serviced without making a lengthy drive. Consider online user reviews to be sure that the facility you choose will treat the RV right.
Ideally, RV storage will provide owners with a sense of security and peace of mind that they wouldn’t otherwise have if the RV was left at home, where it may be more likely to suffer damage, be stolen, or simply get in the way. RVs can clog up a driveway, or if kept on the street, causing neighbors to complain which could lead to pricey tickets.
Luckily for interested owners, the US is full of RV storage locations. No matter where you live, there’s likely someplace to stow your RV for the season not far from your house.
Below find a list briefly profiling a few of the many RV storage locations across the US.
- Wilsonville RV Storage – Portland, OR: An Oregon storage location boasting 24-hour access, an on-site resident manager, many storage space sizes, and a convenient location near the I-5 freeway south of Portland
- Sedalia RV Storage – Sedalia, CO: Located in a small village south of Denver, this Colorado facility features a dump station, access from 7 am to 9 pm, and spaces ranging from 20- to 55-feet long.
- Reno RV Storage – Reno, NV: A northern Nevada location with enclosed and open-air spaces protected by an access-only gate and an 8-foot mason gate encircling the property.
- Parkrose RV Storage – Portland, OR: A facility near the Portland International Airport (PDX) with shuttle service to and from the terminals. Several maintenance options allow staff members to maintain and wash your vehicle during long-term storage.
- Pedrons RV Storage – San Jose, CA: This San Jose storage facility offers 24-hour card key access to a stable of outdoor storage spaces for all manner and sizes of vehicles, including, of course, RVs.
- Placer RV Storage – Rocklin, CA: Find this facility northwest of Sacramento, complete with 154,000 square feet of indoor storage, three acres of outdoor space, and services allowing you to pick up a vehicle already prepared for a trip.
- Premier RV Storage – El Mirage, AZ: A location outside of Phoenix with uncovered and covered spaces for RV storage, as well as a dump station and wash station to allow maintenance on-site in preparation for upcoming trips.
- Ironwood RV Storage – Cerritos, CA: A predominantly outdoor location for RV storage featuring 20- to 60-feet spaces, as well as free ice and firewood for sale on-site.
- Keller RV Storage – Keller, TX: A facility near the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport boasting a unique wash facility and supplies shop inside the gated community, accessible 24/7 by owners stowing vehicles there.
- Macomb RV Storage – Macomb, MI: A facility in eastern Michigan on a 12-acre lot with 670 spots, offering repairs services as well as weather-proofing procedures available for an extra cost.
- McBride’s RV Storage – Chino, CA: One of California’s most popular RV storage facilities is located east of Los Angeles. Renowned for its accessory store, wash bay, dump area, air compressor, and video surveillance system, among other features.
- Miramar RV Storage – San Diego, CA: This storage facility for military members is located conveniently just outside a Marine training facility in San Diego. The site features dump stations, several lots to choose from and extensive security measures.
- Moorpark RV Storage – Moorpark, CA: A facility north of Los Angeles, Moorpark RV Storage offers security, extra wide spaces, detailing and maintenance services, and a unique drop-off valet service to park the vehicle for you.
- National RV Storage – Lewisville TX, Lilburn, GA: National Indoor RV Centers runs two storage facilities outside Dallas and Atlanta. Their website boasts that they “do it all,” and it’s difficult to argue — security, indoor storage, service packages, washing and waxing services priced by the foot, and more.
- Camelot RV Storage – Denver, CO: A secure storage facility in the metropolitan area north of Denver. They offer low rates in a secured perimeter complete with running water, a dump station, patrols, and a front office staff to answer questions.
- Verde Ranch RV Storage – Camp Verde, AZ: Located “In the heart of it all” this brand-new RV Storage facility is close to Flagstaff, Prescott, Payson, and Phoenix. They take great pride in the security of their facility and provide all of the amenities you could ever need for storing your recreational vehicles. Amenities include a full security system, sewage dump station, vehicle wash bay, charging stations, water filling stations, an air compressor, and more! The entire facility is paved, fully fenced, and gated, and is monitored with only the best live motion detection cameras and 24-hour video surveillance
Search online for more information regarding facilities closer to you. It isn’t difficult to find something to suit both your needs and your location.