The last US model of the Volkswagen Westfalias is here and is great for tooling around Maui. This is the weekender addition which does not have the built in camping equipment and because of this, the back seat now folds down to a large queen size bed and it has a more open feeling compared to the full camper Westfalias. It's easy to drive, looks like a local car, and has all of the nostalgic VW camping experiences with the pop-top that has a small full sized bed, a fold out kitchen table, and a swiveling front seat.
*** Be sure to check out Campervan Hawaii's website for the most up to date calendar as well as some information on where to camp, some FAQ's, some better photos and some info about us and our company. ***
We have taken the stock Westfalia and have done the following:
- Replacing original top with a large 3 window top so you can lay in bed staring at the crashing waves (Coming May, 2019)
- 3" memory foam mattress topper for lower bed
- Added a swivel seat base to the passenger front seat.
- Added a lockable metal safe below the front passenger seat
- Added an 8' x 8' retractable Fiamma awning
- Added a 35 quart Dometic refrigerator.
- Added a pressurized 7 gallon hot shower system
- Removed the rear facing seats for more room and effective use of the swiveling passenger seat
- Upgraded stereo with Bluetooth and Aux inputs
- Tinted the windows for cooler vehicle and great privacy
- Super comfy floor mats in the front and back makes cleaning sand out a cinch
- 12V and 120V AC electrical system including:
- 200w solar panel
- 100AH Lithium Iron Phosphate house battery
- 2000W pure sine wave inverter
- 12V Vent fan to extract warmer air from inside the van
- 2 small 12V fans to keep you cool when you sleep at night
- 8 high power USB outlets throughout the van
These electrical upgrades will allow you to charge your phones, tablets, computers all night long as well as providing lighting and air circulation in the van for some comfortable sleeping at night. This is a huge thing. Sleeping in a van with no moving air gets very stagnant and makes for a bad night sleep. The 2000w inverter provides enough power to power a blender, blow drier, or any appliance you can throw at it and it produces a pure sine wave which will not damage sensitive electronics.
We also have everything you might need to go camping.
- Bath towel for each person
- Beach towel for each person
- Beach chair for each person
- Maps and and tour guide book
- Lantern and flashlight
- Pots, pans and miscellaneous cooking utensils
- Bed linens and pillows
- First aid kit
- Fire extinguisher
- Stove and propane
- Camp Table
Once you arrive at the Kahului Airport (OGG), we will meet you right across the street from baggage claim in the parking lot. Maui airport is pretty small so it will be maybe a 5 minute walk to you get to the campervan. From there, we will go over the campervan with you and teach you how to use it as well as noting any previous damage prior to you taking off. We'll then sign some paperwork and you're off. This process will take around 20 minutes or so.
Once you are finished with your trip, we will meet you back in the same parking lot and check you back in and you can walk across the street to the airport.
If you require to pick-up or drop-off the campervan somewhere other than the OGG airport, we will charge you $5.50 per mile from the airport.
Some things to note since you are renting out a vehicle:
- All drivers must be 25 years of age or older.
- All drivers will need to sign Campervan Hawaii's Standard Vehicle Rental Agreement.
- We will need a copy of driver'(s) licenses for every driver.
- If you come from outside the US, then we will need a copy of all passports for every driver.
- We include pretty much everything you need to campervan in Maui but do offer some extra items you might be interested in renting.
- $25 per trip - Children's car seat
- $25 per trip - Waterproof bluetooth speaker
- $25 per trip - Extra bed linen set
- $25 per trip - 4 person tent
- $15 per trip - Extra camp chair
***** You are 100% responsible for damage done to the exterior and interior of the vehicle. Because of this, we require this vehicle to be insured by you during the rental and require a security deposit. RVShare will not insure this vehicle because of its age so we will provide full coverage insurance on the campervan through Campervan Hawaii with a $700 deductible. The rate is tiered based on the number of days of the rental:
- If you are renting less than 7 days, the insurance is $31.80/night
- If you are renting more than 7 days and less than 10 days, the insurance $28.62/night
- If you are renting more than 10 days, the insurance is $24.32/night
Once you complete your reservation, you will be entered into Campervan Hawaii's vehicle rental software and from here you will be able to purchase the insurance.
If you are from the US or Canada and can provide proof that your personal full coverage insurance policy (collision, comprehensive, and liability) will cover this vehicle while you are renting it, then we can waive the insurance fee mentioned above.