Outside Lands is three-day music festival held in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. In 2018, it was named the Top Festival at the Billboard Live Music Awards. It is a fairly new event but has quickly become one of the most beloved gatherings of some of the top names in music.
Turn your weekend into a veritable tasting menu with food, wine, beer and cocktails from some of Northern California's best and brightest culinary minds.
It wouldn't be Outside Lands without great eats from local Bay Area restaurants and food vendors. Stay tuned to find out what you'll be snacking on at this year's event!
You don't need to be a master sommelier to appreciate the wide range of local wines available under the burgundy big top in Wine Lands.
Curated by Dave McLean of Admiral Maltings, Beer Lands is a celebration of the Bay Area’s always-evolving craft brewing community.
An oasis under the trees in McLaren Pass with live music, eye-popping illusions and craft cocktails from some of the bay's most innovative bars and mixologists.
The first curated cannabis experience at a major American music festival, Grass Lands is their way of celebrating, educating and integrating cannabis products into our daily lives.
They will have a variety of vendors that will sell vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free food items. ATM's will be available for your convenience. Lost & found will be held at the Information Booth. There are water refill stations located throughout the festival. Play your part by bringing a reusable container for free refills to stay hydrated all weekend.
The 2021 Outside Lands festival will be held in Golden Gate Park.
Hear from great musicians such as The Strokes, Tyler, The Creator, Glass Animals, and EARTHGANG on Friday, October 29th. On Saturday, October 30th, enjoy performers such as Lizzo, Vampire Weekend, ZHU, and Young Thug. Lastly, on Sunday, October 31st, listen to Tame Impala, J Balvin, RÜFÜS DU SOL, Kehlani, and Nelly
There's no camping allowed at Outside Lands, but you can stay at a nearby campground to reap the many benefits that come from attending the event in an RV. One of them is the access to the amenities you'll have with an RV, such as your own bathroom, space to relax away from the excitement and a place to cook and store food. The festival lasts three days, so having your own little nook close by is definitely beneficial, especially if you don't like standing in long lines or you want to take a quick shower or change your clothes. With an RV, you can do all of that.
While RV camping is not permitted at the festival, there are a few campsites in and near the city, such as Candlestick RV Park, which has lots of sites, laundry facilities and a grocery store. There's also Treasure Island RV Park, which is a basic campground right off the Bay Bridge.
If you don't own an RV or can't borrow one from a friend, then you can still show up in one thanks to RVshare. Just head on over to the site's rental page, and you'll find many styles of recreational vehicles available for rent.
If you're looking for a hotel, you'll find quite a few of them in the city, many of which are near the park. For more information, click here.
Named one of the world’s top 500 hotels by Travel + Leisure, the centrally located Hotel Zelos San Francisco is a sophisticated urban sanctuary within easy walking distance of San Francisco’s city center. This luxury boutique hotel occupies a beautiful historic building five floors above the bustling city streets. Showcasing one of San Francisco’s only open air restaurants, the hotel is also within easy walking distance to many restaurants, grocery stores and shopping. This hotel is also located close to the Bay Area Transit, Muni bus stops and taxi locations for fast access to the festival!
Effortlessly fusing sophisticated and cutting-edge aesthetics with state-of-the-art amenities, Hotel Zetta is an urban retreat which authentically connects with San Francisco’s famously unique cultural communities. Travelers visiting San Francisco for Outside Lands 2021 will find Hotel Zetta’s convenient downtown location, modern yet relaxed guestrooms, and chic lobby lounge and Playroom to be the ideal choice for recharging between shows!
Directions From the East
· Take 1-80 west down and across the Bay Bridge.
· Take the Ninth Street/Civic Center exit located off of the right side of the freeway.
· Bear left onto Harrison Street and take a right on 9th Street all the way past Market Street to Hayes Street.
· Merge left onto Hayes, crossing Van Ness, to Gough Street.
· Take a left on Gough for a block, then make a right on Fell.
· Fell leads all the way to the entrance to Golden Gate Park. The Panhandle is situated on the left.
· Bear to the left onto Kezar Drive, which merges onto Lincoln Boulevard. This will bring you to the south border of Golden Gate Park.
Directions From the North
· Cross the Golden Gate Bridge taking 101 south.
· Take 101 south across Cross the Golden Gate Bridge taking 101 south.
· You will reach a $5 toll and after passing, bear far to the right and exit onto the one lane to Park Presidio Boulevard (Highway 1 south, 19th Avenue, Golden Gate Park).
· Cross all the way through Golden Gate Park.
· You should not that you cannot make a left onto Martin Luther King Drive inside the south border of the Park
· This means you will need to loop around by making a right onto Lincoln Boulevard (along the south border of the park), followed by an immediate left onto 20th Avenue, left at Irving, left at 19th Avenue.
· Continue into the park and make an immediate right onto Martin Luther King, all the way toward 9th Avenue.
Directions From the South
· Start out by going north on 280 OR getting on 101 north and crossing over in San Bruno from 101 to 380 and then north onto 280.
· As you near San Francisco, bear to the left and follow the 19th Avenue split.
· It is important that you follow the sign that states, “19th Avenue/Golden Gate Bridge” using Highway 1.
· Continue off the freeway onto 19th Avenue, which will lead you all the way north to a Golden Gate Park entrance.
· Once you have reached the park, you may take an immediate right onto Martin Luther King Drive, all the way toward 9th Avenue.
The festival does not have a dedicated parking lot for cars or RVs. However, there is street parking available. If you want to park on the street, make sure to get to the festival early each day, or you may not find any spaces. Additionally, most street parking will only be able to accommodate RVs that can fit in normal-size spaces. Some nearby schools south of the event open their lots for parking at a cost, and you may also find locals advertising parking in their driveways.
Tickets to Outside Lands can be purchased on the Outside Lands website and will be available in late spring. You'll be able to buy general admission tickets as well as VIP and Golden Gate passes.
General Admission 3-DAY GA $395
With your GA pass, you'll have access to Golden Gate Park celebrating music, food, wine, beer, art, comedy, cannabis, and everything we love about the Bay Area.
VIP 3-DAY VIP $855
With your VIP pass, you’ll have access to exclusive lounges, surprise performances, upgraded restrooms, dedicated entrances and special viewing areas.
THE GOLDEN GATE CLUB (In collaboration with Ken Fulk)
The Golden Gate Club, crafted by designer extraordinaire, Ken Fulk, offers the ultimate luxurious festival experience.
Outside Lands is one of the top festivals in the U.S., and showing up to the event in an RV is a great idea. Having the conveniences of home when you're partying for three days is sure to make your stay more comfortable. Don't forget to pack your camera or to free up enough space on your phone for photos, and please send a few snapshots from the event to [email protected] RVshare will put them up on its ever-growing blog of RV adventures from around the country.
Check out @sfoutsidelands on Twitter, @outsidelands on Instagram and Outside Lands Music Festival on Facebook to stay in the loop on what's going down at Outside Lands 2021.
Please note, this is not the official source of the event information. While we try to be as comprehensive as possible, some details may have changed since the time this article was written. Please confirm final details with the official event page.