Handicap RV Rentals
Search For RV Rentals
Your Guide to Finding the Best Handicap RV Rentals
Renting an RV is an enjoyable pastime for the whole family. RV road trips have been popular since the 1950’s, and technology has come a long way since then. These days, RVs are equipped with televisions, washer/dryers, fireplaces, and much more. One of the most important advancements is wheelchair accessibility. Now, handicap accessible RV rentals are affordable, available, and easy to use. Planning a vacation can be stressful enough as it is without the difficulty of scouring the web for handicap accessible rentals. We’ve put together this article to help you easily find RV rentals in your area.
What to Look for in RV Rentals With Handicap Access
Handicap accessible RVs aren’t new, per se, but modern day technology and materials have vastly improved their features. Manufacturers are now able to build affordable RVs with an array of amenities that make RV travel much more comfortable for people with disabilities. Roomier RVs, like Class As, fifth wheels, and large travel trailers offer the most opportunities for customization. That’s why most wheelchair accessible RV rentals in the USA fall into one of these categories. Depending on the extent of the build, you may find features like:
- A power wheelchair lift aside the main entrance with an oversized door for easy maneuverability.
- An enlarged bathroom with grab bars. Some models may have a roll-in shower with a seat if space is available.
- An expanded living room with custom furniture to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Lowered cabinetry, cooking appliances, and sinks throughout the unit.
Some manufacturers like Winnebago and Newmar build their handicap accessible RVs from the ground up. These guys have done their research! They consult with customers during the planning stages to find out exactly which features are most important, and which ones are nice to have. Winnebago has several models and sizes under their Ability Equipped line. They’ve even managed to create more space and install handicap accessible features in a few Class C’s! You can check out the floorplans here to see what features to look for in a handicap motorhome rental.
Where to Find Wheelchair Accessible RV Rentals
Now, we know what to look for in a handicap accessible RV, but where do we find rentals? The good news is that many major rental companies have at least one or two options. In general, there are three ways to go about renting an RV:
- Commercial rental services have several branches throughout the country and often run seasonal specials and one-way deals. However, their inventories are usually limited to just a handful of RV types, so finding a handicap accessible RV may prove to be difficult.
- Small, local RV rental companies might be a better avenue for finding wheelchair accessible RVs. There may even be a few companies near you that specialize in these types of rentals. On the other hand, it’ll likely be more expensive to rent from a local company.
- RVshare is arguably the best place to rent handicapped accessible vans, motorhomes, and towables. We’re an online marketplace for individual RV owners to rent out their rigs. As such, our inventory spans the country and includes RVs of every type imaginable.
Before you make any sort of decision, you should compare the rates between a few different services. RV rental rates vary widely depending on daily base rates, mileage limits, company policies, and extra fees. We’ve created a guide to walk you through finding RV rentals for as little as $1 per day. We also threw in some tips to help you save even more money on the road.
Here’s Why Handicap RV Rentals by Owner Are Your Best Bet
As we mentioned previously, renting a handicap accessible RV directly from its owner is likely the best way to go. RVshare works a little differently than other RV rental services. Here’s how:
- Owners list their RVs on our nationwide marketplace. You can search for RVs near you, then filter the results by RV type and specific features. We have thousands of listings, so finding a handicap Class A motorhome or other type of RV shouldn’t take long.
- Once you’ve found a few listings, you can compare daily base rates, rules, and extra fees for each one. The owners set the rental parameters themselves, so you’ll see a lot of diversity there. We find that our owners tend to list their rentals for lower prices than commercial companies and local rental services.
- See what type of insurance is offered. While we provide up to $1 million in liability coverage, you’ll still need separate auto insurance. Many owners let you use their coverage for a small daily fee. You should also look for things like unlimited mileage and discounts on longer rentals if you want to save some extra cash.
- You can read owner reviews right in the rental ad. You can also use the messaging feature to email the owner if you have questions about accessibility, or if you want to try your hand at negotiating.
- Once you’ve found the perfect rental, you’ll need to request a reservation. The owner gets a day or two to run a background check before approving you. Then, simply send the security deposit and start packing!
- When you pick up the RV, the owner will give you a demo of how all the systems and features work. While you’re on the road, you’ll have access to free, 24/7 roadside assistance should anything go wrong.
- You’ll get your damage deposit back (if there was one) once you return the RV clean and unharmed. We offer 5% cashback after each rental, which you can use toward your next vacation!
Ride Comfortably and Explore Fearlessly
Hit the open road and explore the country in comfort and style - finding a wheelchair accessible RV rental has never been easier. Thanks to modern manufacturers, who have flooded the market with options, it’s not only easy; it’s also affordable! Whether you’re looking for a Class A motorhome, a roomy travel trailer, or a compact Class C, you’ll find a wealth of RVs in our online marketplace. Start searching our listings now. Happy trails!
Search For RV Rentals
Why Book Your RV Rental With RVshare
A secure payment system gives you peace of mind.
FREE 24/7 roadside assistance is provided for your entire trip.
5% cash back rewards to use towards your next trip.