7 Person RV Rental
Search For RV Rentals
Traveling in a 7 Person RV Rental (The Right Way)
So you’re looking for an RV rental that will fit seven people? It could be that you’re traveling with a group of friends, or perhaps you have a big family! Either way, don’t stress. There are plenty of RVs that can easily accommodate seven people while still leaving some extra wiggle room.
Renting a 7 Person RV – What to Expect
If you’ve never rented an RV before, we’d like to familiarize you with the process. Here at RVshare, we specialize in peer-to-peer RV rentals. That means there’s no dealership salespeople and no hidden rental fees - meaning, no funny business. You’ll secure the rental with the owner and you’ll get to communicate with them directly. Here’s a breakdown of the process:
- The owner lists their rig, along with photos, pricing, and any other pertinent information.
- You notice their 7 passenger RV rental while perusing our listings - it’s RV love at first sight! You check out the “rules” and find out there’s a mileage per day limit and a limit on generator use. Good to know.
- You request a reservation for your travel dates, wallet in hand and ready to pay the rate plus the damage deposit (the owner adds this just in case).
- The owner checks your background to make sure you’re not going to, you know, run people down in their RV. When everything checks out, you’ll be approved.
- When the day comes to pick up your RV, you meet the owner face-to-face, do a quick walkthrough of the rig, then set off on your journey!
- You’ll have 24/7 roadside assistance the whole time you’re traveling. The owner has liability insurance, too. When you return the rig clean and damage-free, you’ll get your deposit back.
How to Find an RV for Rent That Sleeps 7 People
Actually renting the RV is the easy part, it’s finding the right one that may be tricky. There are literally thousands of types of RVs out there; searching for the right one amidst the crowd can be overwhelming if you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for. So, we’ve gone ahead and gathered a few options for you to consider. These RV classes are your best choices for a seven-person RV rental.
- Class A – You know a Class A when you see it; it’s the quintessential RV. These guys can be anywhere from 25 to 45 feet long! Obviously, when you’re traveling with a half dozen people, you’ll want as much space as you can get. Some Class A’s will have two bedrooms, which is something you’ll appreciate in a 7 berth motorhome hire.
- Class C – The Class C is another drivable option – this time with a bed over the cab! Class C’s tend to be in the ballpark of 25-30 feet long, though they come in a range of sizes. You should look for one that’s around 30 feet or more. Larger Class C’s will have a bed in the back, a bed above the cab, and one or two convertible beds in the living area.
- Travel Trailer – Travel trailers are RVs that you pull behind your truck. They’re an excellent option for an RV rental for 7 people because you don’t lose any space to the driving area. You can easily sleep seven or more people in a travel trailer that’s around 30 feet. Travel trailers also have the most freedom when it comes to floor plans. Many will have separate bedrooms on either side of the trailer; some will even have separate entrances!
- Fifth Wheel – Fifth wheels, like travel trailers, are towable RVs. Instead of pulling them behind your truck, however, they fit right into the bed over the axle. This makes them less susceptible to sway. It also creates a multi-level interior, which makes for a cool little bunk area. Fifth wheels are also taller than travel trailers. Toy haulers are a type of fifth wheel with a “garage” in the back for motorbikes and such. There’s usually one or two beds that lower from the ceiling, which you can use if you’re not hauling toys.
- Bus Conversion – A bus conversion is exactly what it sounds like; a bus that’s been converted into a motorhome. They run on diesel and are usually about 40 feet long. The possibilities are endless; search for bus conversion, and you’ll see everything from old school buses to top-of-the-line luxury Prevosts. A bus conversion would be perfect for an RV rental for 7 passengers.
Tips for Renting a 7 Person RV
Traveling on its own can be tricky; traveling with a large group is a daunting challenge. Keep these tips in mind before and during your adventure:
- When searching for rentals, look for 7 berth RVs for hire that have slide outs. They’ll give you extra space when you set up camp. Most large RVs will have at least one slide out; some may even have three or four!
- You’ll need to plan everything, and we mean everything. When you’re on the road, every mile counts and every penny counts. Always call ahead to campgrounds to make sure they can accommodate you. Plan out your gas stops/driving breaks, plan your meals, and most importantly, plan your route!
- Since you’re traveling with so many people, you might want to think about towing a car (if you’re in a motorized RV). That way, when you stop to camp, you’ll be able to take the car into town for groceries or whatever you need. It’s a lot easier than running errands in a motorhome filled with people.
- Watch your distance and energy usage. Since you’re renting, you’ll have to abide by the generator and mileage limits (if there are any) on the RV. When you’re planning your route, make sure you won’t be driving for more than a handful of hours in a day. When you’re camping, try to use your generator as little as possible – that means not using your blow dryer, microwave, AC, or anything else that runs off the generator.
Renting an RV for 7 people isn’t the easiest thing in the world, but it’s not impossible. It just takes a little extra searching for the right size RV with the right type of layout. It also takes a little more planning than a “regular” vacation. As long as you prepare, traveling with a group should be a breeze!
Search For RV Rentals
Why Book Your RV Rental With RVshare
A secure payment system gives you peace of mind.
FREE 24/7 roadside assistance is provided for your entire trip.
5% cash back rewards to use towards your next trip.