Although the goal of RVing is to get your rig out on the open road, exploring the country; there will come times when you’ll need to store it for a while. Perhaps the winter months aren’t as pleasant for you to camp, or work constraints require you to put your RV to bed for a while. Fortunately, there are many premier RV storage facilities across the United States where you can store your motorhome until you’re able to use it again.
When you’re searching for storage, keep a few things in mind. Decide whether you need indoor or outdoor storage – if you’re storing in an area with extreme weather, the extra cost of indoor storage will be worth it, but if you have an RV cover and weather is mild, you may be okay outdoors. Also, do you need space in your storage area to wash or maintain your RV or will a tight lot suffice? Finally, what about security? Lot security ranges from a simple chain link fence to video camera surveillance and 24-hour guards to keep an eye on things. Of course, each of these amenities will add to the overall cost of storing your rig, so prioritize which ones are most important to you.
Once you’ve decided on the parameters of your RV storage, it’s time to find a lot near you. Here is a list of popular premier RV storage facilities across the country.
- Parkrose RV Storage – Portland: A facility near the Portland International Airport (PDX) with shuttle service to and from the terminals. Several maintenance options allow staff members to maintain and wash your vehicle during long-term storage.
- Wilsonville RV Storage – Portland: An Oregon storage location boasting 24-hour access, an on-site resident manager, many storage space sizes and a convenient location near the I-5 freeway south of Portland
- Placer RV Storage – Rocklin: Find this facility northwest of Sacramento, complete with 154,000 square feet of indoor storage, three acres of outdoor space, and services allowing you to pick up a vehicle already prepared for a trip.
- Pedrons RV Storage – San Jose: This San Jose storage facility offers 24-hour card key access to a stable of outdoor storage spaces for all manner and sizes of vehicles, including, of course, RVs.
- A-RV Storage & Repair – Arroyo Grande: This 16-acre storage facility is fenced with razor wire and monitored by video surveillance 24-hours a day. It has potable water, a wash bay, and a dump station. The owners also offer RV repairs and detailing for customers while the vehicle is being stored.
- Moorpark RV Storage – Moorpark: A facility north of Los Angeles, Moorpark RV Storage offers security, extra wide spaces, detailing and maintenance services and a unique drop-off valet service to park the vehicle for you.
- Ironwood RV Storage – Cerritos: A predominantly outdoor location for RV storage featuring 20- to 60-feet spaces, as well as free ice and firewood for sale on-site.
- McBride’s RV Storage – Chino: One of California’s most popular RV storage facilities is located east of Los Angeles. Renowned for its accessory store, wash bay, dump area, air compressor and video surveillance system, among other features.
- Miramar RV Storage – San Diego: This storage facility for military members is located conveniently just outside a Marine training facility in San Diego. The site features dump stations, several lots to choose from and extensive security measures.
- Premier RV Storage – El Mirage: A location outside of Phoenix with uncovered and covered spaces for RV storage, as well as a dump station and wash station to allow maintenance on-site in preparation for upcoming trips.
- Reno RV Storage – Reno: A northern Nevada location with enclosed and open-air spaces protected by an access-only gate and an 8-foot mason gate encircling the property.
- Camelot RV Storage – Denver: A secure storage facility in the metropolitan area north of Denver. They offer low rates in a secured perimeter complete with running water, dump station, patrols, and front office staff to answer questions.
- Sedalia RV Storage – Sedalia: Located in a small village south of Denver, this Colorado facility features a dump station, access from 7 am to 9 pm, and spaces ranging from 20- to 55-feet long.
- Keller RV Storage – Keller: A facility near the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport boasting a unique wash facility and supplies shop inside the gated community, accessible 24/7 by owners stowing vehicles there.
- National RV Storage – Lewisville TX, Liburn, GA: National Indoor RV Centers runs two storage facilities outside Dallas and Atlanta. Their website boasts that they “do it all,” and it’s difficult to argue — security, indoor storage, service packages, washing and waxing services priced by the foot and more.
- Macomb RV Storage – Macomb: A facility in eastern Michigan on a 12 acre-lot with 670 spots, offering repairs services as well as weather-proofing procedures available for an extra cost.
If none of these locations suit your needs, you can also find a variety of RV storage facilities online. Be sure to read customer reviews to get a better idea of each storage area. With a little research, you can be sure your home away from home is well-cared for, even when you’re not there.
This post may contain affiliate links.