If you’re an avid RVer like we are, then there’s no doubt that you understand the importance of your recreational vehicle’s tires. After all, they’re what keeps your RV moving (and safe whilst doing so!).
One brand of RV tire that is constantly recommended by RV professionals and travelers alike are Toyo RV tires and today we’re going to explore why. Keep reading to find out more about this reputable tire brand, as well as where you can purchase your own.
What Are Toyo RV Tires?
Toyo RV Tires are produced by the Toyo Tire U.S.A. Corp., a company that has been operating for more than 70 years now.
They explain: “We offer a complete selection of premium replacement tires for nearly every make and model including light trucks, SUVs, high-performance cars, and luxury vehicles, as well as commercial trucks.”
The Benefits of Toyo Motorhome Tires
Wondering what all of the fuss is about? We’ve rounded-up some facts to show you why many RVers prefer Toyo RV tires over other (often more expensive) brands:
- The combination of Toyo’s silica-tread compound and tire construction provides predictable vehicle control in a range of weather conditions and road surface types.
- Toyo RV tires contain multi-wave sipes, which provide increased grip on slippery roads as they lock together when you brake, offering better traction.
- Silica tread compounds are also found in many models of Toyo tire. They enhance wet grip and braking, helping maintain control and traction while also lowering rolling resistance.
- The brand’s Advanced Tire Operation Module (ATOM) allows them to manufacture uniform, balanced tires that offer a smoother ride and more even wear.
- Silent Wall technology disrupts the airflow and reduces the noise of ‘pipe resonance’ (that pesky whistle that can occur on smooth surfaces).
- Toyo Tires are constantly trying to produce tires which assist with a more environmentally friendly ride and improved fuel economy.
Types of Toyo RV Tires
According to the Toyo Tires website, their H08 product is the most common product used for fitment to caravans/motorhomes.
Depending on the type, size, and weight of your recreational vehicle, however, your required product may differ. For example, the company offers tires across several other categories, including passenger car tires, SUV / 4×4 tires, motorsport tires, light commercial tires, and truck and bus tires.
Where Can You Buy Toyo RV Tires?
Be sure to shop around first to ensure you get the best deal on your Toyo RV tires, especially as they can be a costly purchase when buying more than one!
There you have it – our guide to Toyo RV tires! Armed with this information, we hope you find the perfect type of tire for your motorhome. Happy RVing!
This post may contain affiliate links.