As everyone knows, the number one reason to go camping is to spend more time outdoors. That said, spending time outside is much more fun when you have all the supplies and accessories to make it a comfortable experience. For this reason, we highly recommend stocking up before you head out on your next big adventure.
Wondering what kinds of RV accessories to purchase in order to make your campsite as inviting as possible? Try the following.
Must-Have Outdoor RV Supplies
Let’s begin by addressing the must-have items. These are the kinds of camping supplies you really can’t go without. Therefore, these should also be at the top of your shopping list:
- Freshwater Hose — You’ll need a way to get water from the spigot to your RV. A freshwater hose is just the thing.
- Water Filter — Don’t trust campground water? Get a simple RV water filter to ensure you have clean water for drinking and bathing.
- Sewer Hose — Just as you need to get fresh water to your RV, you’ll want a way to get dirty water out of the tanks. For this reason, a sewer hose is a necessity.
- Leveling Blocks — RV sites aren’t always level. In fact, we’d go so far as to say the vast majority are not level. Since RV jacks aren’t made to level your RV, you will need to invest in some leveling blocks to keep things nice and even.
- Jack Pads — Jack pads are good to have to protect any asphalt or cement you may park on from the weight of your camper. Simply place them under your jacks and you’ll be good to go.
- Surge Protector — Campground electric hookups can sometimes be iffy. Protect your RV electrical system with a surge protector.
- Citronella Candle — Nobody likes hanging out with bugs. This is why citronella candles are a must-have in our book. Light one up and you won’t have to deal with mosquitos and other pesky insects.
Sure, these particular items aren’t especially fun to buy, but once you have them you’ll be free to go explore your world, making them very worthwhile purchases indeed.
Fun Camping Accessories for Around Your Site
Next on our list of outdoor RV accessories are fun novelty items. While these things aren’t necessary to a successful camping trip, they certainly can spice things up. Why not grab a couple of these items and see for yourself how much more fun they can make things?
- Outdoor Fire Pit — Camping just isn’t camping without a fire. However, sometimes building a wood fire is just too time-consuming. In other cases, wood fires may not even be allowed. Remedy these issues with a propane fire pit.
- Outdoor Pizza Oven — Do you crave pizza while camping? You aren’t alone! This outdoor pizza oven could be just the thing to make all your camping pizza dreams come true.
- Dutch Oven — Learning how to cook with a Dutch oven can be tons of fun, and the variety of foods you can make with one is astounding. Why not try your hand at campfire baking?
- Awning Lights — A well-lit campsite is always more fun, and using colored lights around the awning is by far the most festive way to light up your site.
- Tablecloth and Weights — Add more color and fun to your site with a colorful tablecloth. Of course, you’ll need a way to keep your tablecloth in place, which is where these awesome weights step in.
- Hammock — Want to have the most relaxing site around? Set up a hammock or two. Just be sure the campground allows guests to hang things in trees, or purchase a hammock stand.
- Marshmallow Sticks — Roasting marshmallows on sticks found in the woods is fine, but roasting marshmallows on these telescoping rotating sticks is even better.
- Rainbow Flame Crystals — If you are able to have a wood fire, you can always make it more fun with some Rainbow Flame Crystals. These awesome crystals make your fire change colors before your eyes.
Outdoor Patio Furniture for RV Camping
Last but not least, we need to address outdoor furniture. Obviously, you can’t carry anything too big and bulky in your RV, but having some lightweight, collapsible furniture on hand is always a good idea. Here are our top picks:
- Folding Outdoor Table — A table is such a useful piece of furniture. You can use it as a food prep station or as a place to eat dinner. Just be sure you purchase one that is foldable and lightweight so it’s easy to pack away.
- Camping Chairs — The most important piece of camping furniture? Camp chairs. As simple as they are, camping chairs are among the most-used outdoor accessories out there, and considering how small and light they are, packing them away is a breeze.
- Bug Screen — Finally, we do have to mention the possibility of investing in a bug tent. These awesome tents will keep bugs off of you, your food, and anything else you hide away inside it.
With these outdoor items in tow, you’ll be ready to enjoy the great outdoors in style and comfort. Happy camping!