Affordable RV Rental
Search For RV Rentals
Pro Tips for Finding the Most Affordable RV Rental
It’s not every day that families get to go on RV trips. There are a lot of pieces that must fit together just right, like budget, time of year, vacation days, and more. So, for many families, RV road trips are few and far between, even if they own an RV. Thankfully, RV rentals have made family road trips more accessible and more affordable for everyone. If you’re looking for an RV rental that won’t drain your bank account, you’ve come to the right place. Read on to find out where and how to find the best cheap RV rental.
How to Find a Cheap RV Rental USA
It can seem an overwhelming task to find the most affordable RV rentals; there are hundreds of companies and thousands of RV types! How do you know who is best? Who has friendliest customer service? The cheapest rates? Though the rental process itself is similar across the board, your experience – and the answers to these questions - will differ depending on which company you choose. Here’s what you can expect when you rent an RV, and how you can be sure you’re getting the long end of the stick:
- First, you’ll wade through each company’s inventory of RVs. Since most major rental services only stock a handful of RV classes, you won’t have to do too much research. However, most of their inventories are brand new. So, if you’re looking for something older or more unique, you may want to check our listings first.
- Once you find an RV you like, it’s time to start calculating the costs. All companies will advertise the daily base rate in addition to any specials they may be running. This should be your first means of comparison. The cheaper the daily base rate, the cheaper the RV rental will be overall.
- The daily rate isn’t the only cost you’ll incur. You’ll need to search the company website for extra fees like security deposits, mileage and generator fees, and penalty fees for returning the RV late or with full holding tanks. These can add up quickly, so look for companies with the least number of extraneous fees.
- You’ll also want to research insurance requirements and offerings. Most companies offer liability insurance included with the cost of the rental, but that’s where it ends. You’ll need RV rental insurance as well. Sometimes, the rental company offers additional coverage for a daily fee. Again, this is another expense to include in your budget.
Finding the right rental company should be a much easier task now that you’re able to compare the costs of different rentals. When you’ve found the perfect one, you’ll put down a deposit to secure the date. Usually, this deposit goes toward the total cost of your rental. When you pick up the RV, you’ll get a walkthrough tour and a demonstration of how the systems work, then it’s time to get rolling!
Affordable RV Rental Rates – Where Can I Find Cheap RV Rentals Near Me?
Let’s take a minute to talk about RVshare and peer-to-peer networking. P2P markets, and RVshare in particular, connect owners and renters all over the country. RV owners list their cheap campervan rentals on our website, and renters can find them by searching our inventory. This is great news for people who live in places where there aren’t many options for commercial RV rentals. Simply type in your location to pull up a list of privately owned RV’s for rent nearby. Since the owners list their RVs themselves, we often have much cheaper rates than the big guys. Here’s a general idea of what you’ll find:
Class A: $150-$250/night (10+ years or older); $350-$450/night (newer)
Class B: $100-$200/night (10+ years or older); $200-$350/night (newer)
Class C: $100-$200/night (10+ years or older); $225-$400/night (newer)
Travel Trailer: $50-$125/night (10+ years or older); $125-$200/night (newer)
Fifth Wheel: $60-$150/night (10+ years or older); $150-$300/night (newer)
Keep in mind that these are average numbers for a specific location. In many cases, you may find cheaper rates than these! Up next, we’ll go over a few secrets for finding specials and deals to save you even more money.
Getting the Best RV Rental Prices
You may think that searching “affordable RV rentals near me” would be the easiest way to find cheap rates, but you’d be mistaken. Sure, a lot of companies advertise low rates and promotional deals, but there are ways to save even more money that a simple search engine query won’t find. Here’s how to squeeze every last penny out of your RV rental:
- Check with the big-name companies for location specific deals. If you’re only traveling one way, or if your destination is flexible, these deals and be huge money-savers. One-way specials offer significant discounts for you to pick up an RV and bring it to one of the company’s branches. Location specific deals are usually all-inclusive packages to travel to or from a certain branch.
- Look for older RVs in our online inventory. Older RVs are much cheaper than the new ones that commercial rental services have. Be sure you know which type of RV works best for your family, so you don’t end up wasting money on an RV that’s bigger than you need.
- There’s an integrated messaging system in each one of our listings. If you have questions or concerns, you can email the owner directly.
- Look for companies and owners that advertise unlimited mileage and generator use. Most companies charge around $0.30 per mile and $4 per generator hour. While it doesn’t seem like a big deal, these costs can add up very quickly. If you find an unlimited deal, you don’t have to worry about a thing!
Start Saving on Your RV Rental Now!
RV rentals are one of the best ways to vacation. You get to explore nature, find exciting places to camp, and meet new people. Now, saving money on an RV rental shouldn’t be an issue for you. Plus, if you book with RVshare, you’ll get 5% cashback rewards to use toward your next vacation! Time to get out there and start saving. Happy camping!