SunFest is a music and arts festival held in the state of Florida each year. Annually, the event attracts over 275,000 visitors, and there is live music that will play on the three stages at this waterfront festival. The very first SunFest was a 10-day event, but it is now only four days long. With that being said, visitors can still enjoy quite a bit of festivities during the time that it is in progress. Immerse yourself in art demonstrations, performances and more when you purchase an all-inclusive ticket to this event.
Since this is an art festival as well, there are more than 80 artists around the festival grounds. You can enjoy their art and even take a piece of art home with you. In addition, there are plenty of other amenities that you can take advantage of at the festival. Become a part of the art by getting a henna tattoo, helping paint the murals or getting glitter in your hair. Along the waterfront, there is a floating bar that visitors can enjoy as well as several great vendors offering something to eat during the festival.
For those who have mobility concerns, there are wheelchairs available for rent at the festival. Each of the main stages at the event will have seating that is designed for individuals who need to use a wheelchair so that they can easily see the performances. Accessible bathrooms are located across the grounds in a few different locations. There are also assisted listening devices available at the SunFest Information Center if you require them to enjoy the festival.
The festival is located along the Intracoastal Waterway in the downtown area of West Palm Beach. There is not a specific address to use for this location, but the grounds are located on Flagler Drive between Banyan Boulevard and Lakeview Drive. The location is only about 65 miles from Miami and 45 miles from Fort Lauderdale.
In years past, there has been a wide variety of music selections available at SunFest. Some of the more notable acts that may be of interest to you include Alabama Shakes, Blink-182, Bob Dylan, Carrie Underwood, Isaac Hayes, John Legend, Patti LaBelle, The Roots, The Temptations and ZZ Top. Each year, the lineup changes, but potential acts for the 2022 lineup include Gwen Stefani, Jane’s Addiction, The Lonely Island, Nelly and Steven Tyler. The final lineup each year is announced at the beginning of March.
With a festival like this one, traveling to the location in an RV and spending time there during the four days can be a great opportunity to enjoy quality time with your family and friends. Even if you don’t own an RV, you can always take advantage of RV rental from RVshare. This will allow you to enjoy high-end amenities without spending a lot of money on a hotel. The camping options here will accommodate larger and smaller RVs as well as tents. When you camp at this festival, you will get:
• Camping for the full SunFest for one set price
• One parking space per campsite; additional individuals with vehicles will need to park in the designated area
• Cooking space at the campsite to help save you money at the festival
If you are not planning on staying at the festival for the full four days, there are mini-fest camping options available for RVs and tents that will allow you to stay Saturday and Sunday. If you would like to arrive sooner, there are also packages you can purchase that will allow you to arrive a day or two early.
If you have an RV, you can easily camp at the festival, but there are several other options nearby if the camping area is full. Peanut Island Park and John Prince Campground are both locations that can accommodate your needs, and they are less than 6 miles from the festival location.
If you do not have an RV, you can conveniently rent one from RVshare or get a hotel for the time that you are staying in the area. The closest hotel to SunFest is Hyatt Place Downtown West Palm Beach. At this hotel, you will get a complimentary shuttle that will make it easy to get to the festival downtown. The West Palm Beach Marriott is also a great option to stay if you are not traveling in an RV.
If you are going to this festival in an RV, then there are a few ways that you can arrive at the location.
• From Northbound I-95: Exit using the Okeechobee Boulevard ramp. Go east at Tamarind Avenue and turn left onto Banyan Boulevard. Follow the signs for the festival until you reach the downtown area where it is being held.
• From Southbound I-95: Exit I-95 using the Palm Lakes Boulevard exit and go east about a mile to Australian Avenue. Turn right onto Banyan and then follow the signs downtown to find a location to park.
• From Northbound or Southbound Florida’s Turnpike: Take the Okeechobee Boulevard exit and head east for about 5 miles to Tamarind Avenue. Turn left and continue to Banyan Boulevard. Turn right and follow the signs to find parking for the event.
There are a lot of parking spaces that you can use when you arrive at the festival. There are five parking lots relatively close in proximity to the location of the festival. Some of the garages are covered, and you can make arrangements in advance to reserve your parking spot. If you do reserve your space, the reservation will end at 10 p.m. every day. Some of the options that you can choose from include the following:
• Northbridge Centre: This is located at the corner of Olive Avenue and 4th Street, and parking in this garage will run you a bill of $5 a day.
• City Police Department Garage: This garage is located at 600 Clematis Street. You can either purchase one-day tickets that are $10 a day or get a parking pass that will last for five days for $40.
• Clematis Street Garage: This lot is located at 500 Banyan Boulevard. It also has single-day passes and five-day passes available. One-day passes are $10, and five-day passes are $40.
• Evernia Street Garage: This garage can be found at 333 Evernia Street. Parking here will cost you about $15 for a pass to park for one day and $60 for a pass that lasts for five days.
• Okeechobee Lot: This is a flat surface parking lot that only provides one-day parking passes. These passes will be $10 for each day that you need to park in the lot.
When you are ready to purchase your ticket for the festival, you can buy it online before the show or at the gate. If you wait until you arrive at SunFest, the tickets to get in will cost much more than getting tickets early. Tickets are $40 for a one-day pass, $65 for a two-day pass, and $83 for a 4-day pass.
Being able to take part in festivals like this one is important, so getting an RV that you can trust for your trip will make it that much more enjoyable. If you would like to share your memories and moments of experiencing the festival or traveling in your RV, send us photos at [email protected] We might share your memories on our blog and the social media channels that we use.
Check out @SunFestFL on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for event updates!
Please note, this is not the official source of the event information. While we try to be as comprehensive as possible, some details may have changed since the time this article was written. Please confirm final details with the official event page.