Top RVs Nearby
Campers to Go is not associated with RVshare. This page is simply a resource, providing more information on all RV rental options, including Campers to Go.
Small and Sweet: Campers to Go
The recent surge in RV travel has brought thousands of families and individuals to the nation’s roads. Many are selling their houses and moving into homes on wheels. Others are looking for ways to travel without having to buy. RV rental services offer the experience of RVing without the hefty monthly payments.
It’s no wonder RV rentals have become so popular – renting an RV is affordable, easy, and doesn’t require much commitment. Whether you rent from a large commercial service, small private operation, or peer-to-peer network, you’ll enjoy the freedom that only RVing can offer.
Thinking About Renting From Campers to Go?
Campers to Go is a small, “mom and pop” RV to go rental service. They have two main locations: Louisiana and New York. They have a wide selection of trailers and several fifth wheels. If you’re looking for personalized customer service, Campers to Go is a good choice.
Because they’re so small, they have time to work one-on-one with their customers. In fact, they enjoy teaching newcomers how to care for their RVs, just check out the videos on their websites! High-quality customer service is one of the main reasons people choose peer-to-peer rental sites and small private rental services – you simply can’t get that kind of attention from a big chain!
What to Expect When You Rent from Campers to Go
You’ll start by browsing their online inventory. They have plenty of different sizes of trailers and fifth wheels. Here are a few things to think about when you’re perusing their inventory of RVs to go:
- The main difference between travel trailers and fifth wheel is how they attach to your vehicle. Travel trailers attach to the vehicle, while fifth wheels attach in the back of the bed, right over the axle.
- Because of the difference in tow styles, travel trailers are more susceptible to sway, while fifth wheels tend to be more stable.
- Fifth wheels are taller than travel trailers, meaning you’ll have more headroom and the RV will feel more spacious.
- Fifth wheels are “multi-level” because of the section that fits into the back of your truck. Usually, the second level is used as a bunkhouse.
- Generally, fifth wheels are larger and more expensive than travel trailers. They average between 24 to 40-feet in length. Travel trailers can be as small as 8 feet and as big as 40 feet.
Whatever you choose will depend on your family size, camping style, and towing capacity. Once you decide which RV works best for you, you can check the availability online. Campers to Go will contact you shortly after your request to make reservation arrangements.
When you arrive to pick up your RV, they’ll do a walkthrough of the vehicle with you to make sure everything is working properly. They supply everything you need to maintain the tanks and electrical systems. You’ll need to bring your own linen and kitchen supplies. They’ll send you off with safety training and instructions for setting up your rig at campsites.
Types of RVs at Campers to Go
Campers to Go has an assortment of trailers in various sizes. A few of their popular models include:
- Gulf Stream Vista: A 17-foot travel trailer that’s lightweight and can be towed behind most vehicles. With one queen bed and a convertible dinette, this model can sleep up to four people. Daily rental rates start at $90, with discounts for weekly and monthly rentals.
- Vintage Gulf Stream RBS: A 19-foot travel trailer with beautiful vintage touches. It sleeps up to four people and has a queen bed and a convertible dinette. The daily rental rate starts at $90, with discounts for weekly and monthly rentals.
- Gulfstream Streamlite SVT: An 18-foot travel trailer with a bunkhouse floorplan. It has a queen bedroom, a convertible dinette, and two bunks in the back. The layout may be compact, but it’s smart – it can sleep up to six people. The daily rate is $95, with discounts for extended stays.
About Campers to Go in Port Vincent, LA
Owners Clay and Monya will take care of all your needs, whether you’re new to RVing or are a seasoned veteran. This location specializes in CampLite, Gulf Stream, and Little Guy (Teardrop) campers. They have several models for sale and many more for rent. Additionally, they have an accessories store in case you need to stock up on some extras. You can contact them at:
18460 Louisiana Hwy 16
Port Vincent, LA 70726
People have great things to say about their customer service and willingness to help:
“The best place to rent from! The owners are special people that try to accommodate everyone’s needs…They make you feel as if you are the most important people in the world.”
- Barbie Weaver, Facebook review
“Awesome people to work with! Enjoyed making new friends as well as the camping! Owners went out of the way to please and accommodate.”
- Wanda Walls, Facebook review
About Campers to Go in Norwich, NY
Campers to Go in New York has eight travel trailers and one fifth wheel. Some of their models include older travel trailers, like a 2005 Coachmen and a 2003 Rockwood. They offer RV to go rentals, sales, and storage. You can contact them at:
6108 County Road 32
Norwich, New York 13814
They have a Facebook rating of 4.4 stars. One Facebook reviewer, Ben Kanzer, says “Always helpful staff, will do business again when I need a storage unit in the future.”
If you’re looking for a travel trailer or fifth wheel rental, Campers to Go has an excellent selection of affordable models. Their small size allows them to give you personalized customer service – exactly as you would hope from a small business. If you’re new to RVing, they’ll walk you through the process and make it easy for you. Their online presence isn’t as robust as some rental sites, but they make up for it in their dedication to their customers.