Summer road trips may get all the glory, but make no mistake about it: winter RVing is a thing, too! Even in cold climates, with the right rig, you can enjoy winter wonderland from the comfort of your very own getaway cabin on wheels. It’s all about making sure the rig itself is comfy cozy — and that you have all the hygge comforts of home along with you for the ride.
What to Look for in a Winter RV Rental
In just a second, we’re going to walk you through a few specific winter RV rentals available on our peer-to-peer network. But these are just some examples spread around throughout the country. What should you look for if you’re searching for an RV rental near you?
If you’re intending a winter trip in a cold-weather area, you want to make sure your RV rental has the following inclusions:
- A four-seasons rating means the RV has serious insulation that makes it capable of holding heat in winter conditions. True four-season rigs are fairly few and far between; models like Northwood’s Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV Manufacturing products are rated for serious cold. That said, most RVs can handle temps down to about freezing pretty well so long as they have the next item on our list…
- On-board heat! If you’re going to be traveling in cold weather, you definitely want to make sure your RV includes an HVAC system with a heating option at the very least, and ideally a propane-run furnace, which can keep the interior warm through even lower temperatures than a rooftop unit can.
- RVs with enclosed underbellies are specifically designed for winter weather; this is the part of the rig where the important “guts” of the RV live, like the holding tanks as well as general storage. A true winter RV will have this area fully enclosed and heated to ward off issues like frozen pipes.
Keep in mind, of course, that all of this matters far less if you’re planning to camp somewhere fairly temperate for the winter, whether that’s the December heat of south Florida or the mild, foggy winter weather of the Pacific Northwest.
5 Cozy RVs to Rent this Winter
Alright, let’s dive into some specific RVshare rentals worth checking out this winter! With cozy and homey interiors these rentals are sure to bring the comforts of home on the road.
1. Bend, Oregon
This cozy cabin is fully equipped with an outdoor kitchen and cozy details. The best part? This travel trailer rental offers FREE delivery!! Meaning all you have to do is show-up to the campground ready for adventure.
2. San Francisco, California
Try #vanlife with this cozy, fully-equipped campervan in California! Pearl is a 2019 Ram Promaster 2500 camper van converted with comfort in mind. With everything you need, you’ll feel right at home on all your adventures.
3. Denver, Colorado
This 2018 Keystone Hideout is a home away from home. Go on an epic adventure without sacrificing comfort or style. With a queen bed, bunk beds, and a convertible dining nook, this camper comfortably sleeps 5.
4. St. Peterburg, Florida
If you’re searching for the perfect RV to experience the beauty of Florida’s state parks, you’ve come to the right place. This easy-to-tow RV combines comfort, style, and the breathtaking natural wonders that Florida has to offer.
5. Tempe, Arizona
Gorgeous newly remodeled RV the perfect couples getaway! This cozy trailer trailer offers delivery making your next cozy Arizona adventure as easy as showing up!
Tips for Making Your RV Rental Feel Like Home
No matter which winter RV you choose, certain touches can help it feel a lot more like home — invoking that “cozy” sense we’re all after in the winter.
While most RVshare rentals come with plenty of homey touches, courtesy of the renter/owners, there are some additions you can bring along to help make it feel that much more like your home away from home:
- Your favorite throw blanket
- Your favorite mug (and ingredients for your favorite hot beverage to put into it)
- Your favorite books, movies, and other entertainment media, especially for long, cold winter days when you might want to stay inside
- Your favorite people!
With these tips and our RV rentals, we hope you’ve got everything you need to make for an excellent winter wonderland trip. Happy holidays!