Family Friendly Bunk House
Family Friendly Bunk House
- 2013 Keystone Outback 312BH
- Travel Trailer
- Sleeps 10
- Length 31 ft.
Immaculate Keystone Outback 312BH. This trailer offers 2 bunk beds in the back of the trailer plus an entertainment center for the kids. Fold out couch in the kids area turns into queen size bed. Front of the trailer has a queen size bed that comfortably sleeps two adults. The dinette and couch in the living area both convert to queen beds to sleep an addition four people. Trailer has two slide outs on the left side to expand the living space. Fully equipped kitchen has all the amenities needed. This model offers an outdoor kitchen with sink, refrigerator, and BBQ grill that connects to on-board LP gas tanks. Large awning extends over the right side of the trailer to provide a peaceful place to relax.
- Minimum Age: 25
- Pet Friendly: No
- Wheelchair Accessible: No
- Smoking Allowed: No
- Pick Up Anytime After: 3:00 PM
- Drop Off By: 10:00 AM
- Cruise Control: No
- Power Steering: No
- Fresh Water Tank: Yes
|Roof Air Conditioning||Refrigerator|
|Hot & Cold Water Supply||Toilet|
|DVD Player||AM/FM Radio|
|CD Player||Slide Out|
- $100.00 / nightly
- $630.00 / weekly
- $2,550.00 / monthly
- Minimum Nights: 2
- Tax: 8.37%
- Refundable damage deposit: $500.00
- Excess mileage: $0.35/mile
- Excess generator usage: $0.00/hour
- Insurance: $14.95/day (sales tax not included)
- 100 miles per night included with rental
- No generator usage included with rental for free.
- Advanced Notice: at least 7 nights notice (contact owner for more immediate reservations)
- Maximum Trip Length: 14 nights (contact owner for longer reservations)
Summary - Don't be fooled by the price. RV is long in the tooth, so expect to have things falling apart and get hit with undisclosed fees.
- Spare tire - the RV spare tire is being held on with an improvised piece of metal and 2 screws (only 1 is locking). This is an undisclosed road hazard that nearly fell off during our trip. I can only imagine the damage that could have caused on the highway with anyone behind. Once we realized it kept coming loose, we were diligent about tightening it everytime we stopped. Not safe though.
- Water line - one of the hoses provided to supply water leaked at both ends. It is the cheapest kind of hose possible and leaked profusely from the metal connections even after changing O rings.
- No generator - Undisclosed. The description indicates that no generator use is provided for free. Don't be fooled, there is no generator, so this is confusing at best, misleading at worst.
- Storage - all the water hoses, including the one used to clean the tanks (they said not to use it, but stored it right with the other ones), and 1 sewer dump hose are stored in the same compartment. We ended up having to use the one they used to clean tanks because the other hose leaked so bad. Yay!
- Hitch stand - the block they used to stabilize the hitch was falling apart upon delivery (so I guess this was disclosed!), but it fell apart after our second stop. So, expect to improvise. That's part of camping I guess, but just be prepared.
- Black water indicator - The black water indicator always indicates that the tank is full. That wasted quite a bit of time for us. This was obviously known by the owner, but, again, undisclosed.
- Space and so much stuff - This unit has a fair amount of interior space and exterior storage, but it is chock full of their stuff - airbeds, tables, footrests, pantry items, throw pillows and more pillows, games, toys. Heck, it has so much stuff, games were stored atop the outside sink. At one stop, one of those games (which we never used) must have jostled enough to turn on the outside faucet, which made the whole back of our lot a giant puddle. There is everything you can imagine loaded in there, even the compartments outside. There was even stuff that belonged to prior renter. Just be aware.
- Lots of things coming loose - from screws in the door holder and shades, to refridgerator parts, to facia on counters, to all the pictures hanging everywhere. Just expect to be chasing parts all around this thing as you roll along.
Awning - The vinyl on the awning is peeling and appears quite worn. So, much so that we didn't use it again once we saw that, for fear that it wouldn't survive even the slightest breeze. You have been warned.
Cleaning - Despite a thorough walk-through upon delivery (that I believe only discovered 1 chapstick that we left behind amongst all their stuff) and no mention of any problems with the condition or cleanliness, we were hit with a cleaning fee. The amount must have just been of their choosing because there was no mention of it prior at all.
Damage - despite the condition of this RV, I was also hit with a damage fee. I didn't see or note it prior, so that's on me. But to hit me with the full body shop/what you charge an insurance company amount is a little ridiculous all things considered. Lessons learned from this RVShare experience, I guess.
Probably worth 1.5, but I rounded down due to the general rudeness of the owner and his general inability to answer questions fully or timely. Good luck and happy travels.
Response from Michael
While we appreciate constructive feedback we think you should know this is a retaliatory review. What the reviewer failed to share is he damaged our camper and did not deliver it back to us in the same condition as delivered. We submitted a claim for cleaning and three repairs. The renter did not disclose any of these concerns until after we filed a claim. Yes, there are minor issues, as the camper is 6 years old but no one who sees our camper would call it "long in the tooth".
The Rv was spacious, easy to setup and operate, and has a great floor plan. Perfect for families!
Great RV and great people. Very responsive. RV was very well maintained and clean. Best valued rv on the site.