Jun 20, 12:00 PM EDT
Did Nate tell you all of the problems that incurred during our vacation. For starters, the cigarette lighter did not work to charge any of our phones (that's minor). Here is a list of what items did not work or we had problems with:
1. Generator stopped working on day 2, he sent a video and we had to trip it. We were at a music festival with over 30,000 RV's, luckily we had mechanics and men that knew about the RV. There was no owner manual in vehicle. I contacted manager, Nick Kazakov (which I had never dealt with until the day of pickup) website says owner is Nate with 4 children, very shady. It said my pickup for RV would be at Millcreek Place 3300 South and 2000 East, day before pickup I was notified by this Nick person that he would meet me at 4000 South and 200 East (very shady!!). Men that looked at the generator said it was so dirty and had not been serviced in months or even years (I have pictures).
2. The exhaust pipe was bent and was not allowing air flow from the generator (I have pictures). Had to have the three men help us again.
3. The generator was leaking oil profusely, when we looked at dipstick, it was completely dry. I had to go into town get oil so I could add, another indication that generator had not been serviced or maintained.
4. Carbon Monoxide alarm went off at 3:30 in the morning on day 3. Woke us all up and had to vacate RV.
5. It was over 100 degrees in the middle of the desert with no air conditioning and no outlets or microwave. We could not cook food, charge any of our phones to contact Nick.
6. The latches on the cupboards above sink were all broken so we could not close cupboards when traveling.
7. Shower door hinge and bolt fell off.
Generator only worked for 1 day. We tried to trip it how Nick told us to on youtube video (what a joke), again no owners manual whatsoever. We had to cut our trip one day short due to not having any air conditioning, not being able to cook food or charge phones, which all of us are mothers and we need to have contact with our family in case of an emergency. As you can see I have documentation and witnesses. Nick told me when I returned RV that my $1000 deposit would be credited into my account within 3 business days. I have a witness.
The other thing that I think is quite fishy and concerning to me is that when I went to pick up vehicle at different location and with a guy named Nick not Nate that he did not even have a copy of my rental agreement. I left mine at home and he made me drive all the way home, which is 20 miles round trip to get my rental contract. I have rented several homes on VRBO and never once have I had to have my contract. Owner of property or management has a copy.
I had such a terrible experience with this RV and Nick and my vacation was ruined along with 5 other people.
I am going to be reporting this site and owner of this RV to the Better Business Bureau. Thank You.