RV Rental USA
Search For RV Rentals
How to Find the Best (and Cheapest) RV Rental USA
The RV business is booming. This year, more families will buy RVs than ever before. The increase in RV sales has also led to an increase in RV rentals. Dealerships, small private companies, and individual owners are listing their RVs for rent across the United States. RV rentals are an affordable way to experience the lifestyle without having to spend thousands buying an RV. Now is the perfect time to start planning that epic road trip you’ve been envisioning. Whether you’re looking for a luxury RV rental in the USA or something a little more affordable, we’ll help you find just the right rig for you and your family.
Knowing Your Options for the Best RV Rental, USA
In the U.S., there are three ways to rent an RV: from a commercial RV rental service, from a small business, or from an individual via a peer-to-peer network like RVshare. Each option has its pros and cons, but they all work in a similar way. Here’s what to expect:
- You’ll browse through an available inventory and check out different types and sizes of RVs. Larger companies tend to only have a few classes in stock. Peer-to-peer networks like RVshare have enormous inventories with RVs of all kinds. If you’re looking for variety, start there.
- Depending on the company, you may find a handful of promotional offers. For example, if you’re in search of an RV rental USA one way, look for larger rental companies with multiple branches. You can save a lot of money on one way rentals and factory delivery specials.
- Be sure to check the mileage and generator limits for each company. Some companies charge you for mileage packages, while others offer all inclusive RV rentals across the USA. On average, most rentals include 100 free miles per day and a few hours of generator use.
- You’ll need to pay a security or damage deposit to make the reservation. Security deposits go toward the overall price of the rental, while damage deposits are refundable upon return (so long as you don’t damage the RV, of course).
- When you pick up the RV, you’ll get a walkthrough of the interior and a demonstration of how all the systems work. You’ll also go over insurance information. While almost all companies offer liability insurance, you’ll still need to get your own auto insurance. Some rental services supply this for you for an additional daily fee. RVshare provides liability insurance and free, 24/7 roadside assistance.
How to Compare RV Rentals, USA
With literally thousands of different RVs to choose from, it can be difficult to assess which type of RV will best suit your needs. RVs are divided into different classes, each with differing sizes, floor plans, and features. The following are the most common rental types:
- Class A – The classic, bus-style RV that’s big, boxy, and beautiful. Diesel Class A’s are top of the line, luxury RV rentals. Class A’s range from 26 to 45 feet in length and have enough room to accommodate up to eight people.
- Class B – Also known as a conversion van, Class B RVs are the smallest in the motorized category. They tend to be between 16 to 22 feet long, sometimes more. They’re easy to drive and the perfect size for an individual or couple.
- Class C – Class C’s are common budget RV rentals USA because of their manageable size, affordability, and ease of driving. Compact Class C’s are around 24 feet long, while larger Super C’s can be up to 34 feet. Since they have a separate sleeping area above the cab, in addition to a bedroom in the back, large Class C’s can fit up to ten people.
- Travel Trailer- A towable RV that attaches to a hitch behind your tow vehicle. Travel trailers are the most varied in size, ranging in size from a tiny 9 feet to a spacious 40 feet. The lack of a driving cab leaves more room for an extra bedroom or an enlarged living room. The downside is that towing a trailer (especially if it’s large) can be tricky if you don’t have ample experience.
- Fifth Wheel – A towable RV that attaches in the bed of your truck directly over the axle. This gives it more stability and a multi-level floorplan. Most fifth wheels have a separate sleeping bunk on the “second floor,” which is perfect for large families who want to spread out and have their privacy. Fifth wheels range from 23 to 45 feet in length.
Where to Find a Class A RV Rental, USA
Class A RVs are fairly common across all RV rental companies. Some rental companies even specialize in Class As and only carry high-end gas and diesel models. You can quickly find Class A rentals by using search terms like “motorhome,” “Class A,” or “diesel pushers.” Keep in mind that most commercial companies and small businesses only offer new RV rentals. So, if you’re looking for a vintage rig or just want to save a little money by renting something that’s a few years old, check our online inventory.
Where to Find a Class B RV Rental, USA
Finding a campervan rental in the USA may be a little more difficult. The majority of companies don’t keep Class B vans in their inventory since they’re only large enough to fit one or two people. However, there are a lot of companies that specialize in Class B rentals, and even a few with vintage van collections! Use search terms like “Class B,” “conversion vans,” and “camper vans” to find a list of rentals. If you’re searching RVshare, you can filter the results by class.
Start Your Search to Find Cheap RV Rentals, USA
We always recommend checking our online inventory before you look elsewhere. Since we’re a peer-to-peer marketplace and owners set their rental rates and policies themselves, you’ll often find their prices are lower than the competition. Overall, if you’re looking for the best price RV rental, USA, try to get the smallest RV you can manage, and always look out for promotional specials. Furthermore, look for unlimited mileage and generator usage, as it can save you the headache of having to pay overage fees. Happy hunting!
Search For RV Rentals
Why Book Your RV Rental With RVshare
A secure payment system gives you peace of mind.
FREE 24/7 roadside assistance is provided for your entire trip.
5% cash back rewards to use towards your next trip.