Rent a Campervan Cheap
Search For RV Rentals
Looking to Rent a Campervan Cheap? Here’s How to Find One
Given the current economy, it’s no wonder that people are looking to save money on their vacations this year. What better way to save some extra cash than renting an RV and ditching the costly airfare and hotel stays? RV rentals are affordable, comfortable, and get you from A to B. More importantly; they let you say goodbye to crowded airports and hotels, and hello to the calming sights and sounds of the great outdoors. If you’re itching to go on a road trip, we’ll help you find a cheap campervan rental in the USA.
Rent a Campervan in America
The United States is one of the most popular countries for RV travel. Wide open roads, endlessly changing scenery, and cultural diversity are a few of the reasons people enjoy road tripping in the U.S. When it comes to renting an RV, you’ll have an enormous wealth of options at your fingertips. Before you get started, it’s important to know how RV rentals work, so you can determine the best path for finding a cheap campervan rental. Here’s what you can expect:
- There are several large RV rental companies in the U.S. These companies have branches spread across the country, which makes them highly accessible. It also allows them to offer one-way rates and factory delivery specials. Despite their large size, however, they tend to have small inventories, focusing on just a few types of RVs.
- Small, privately-owned RV rental companies are plentiful. These days, it seems you’re never far from a local RV rental business. While they don’t offer much in one-way rentals, they do offer one-on-one customer service. If you’re looking for hospitality and affordable rates, you can rent an RV cheap from a small business. However, these businesses book fast during peak travel season, so don’t expect to find any last-minute rentals.
- RVshare is part of a new way to rent RVs anywhere in the U.S. Our nationwide, online marketplace connects RV owners and renters across the country. You’ll work directly with the owner via our online platform, which means you’ll get to enjoy the individualized service of a small company, with the financial benefits of a big one.
How to Rent a Campervan One Way
One-way rentals can be tricky to find if you don’t know where to look. If you do find one, though, you can save quite a bit of money on RV rental costs. First, check with large RV rental chains. They usually have deals on one-way rentals depending on location. Occasionally, they’ll also offer factory delivery specials when they buy new inventory. They’ll give you a significant discount to pick up the new RV at the factory and deliver it to one of their branch locations. In some cases, you can rent a campervan at cheap rates as little as $1 per day. You can also check RVshare listings for one-way rentals. Some owners may be willing to accommodate your travel plans. Hey, there’s no harm in asking!
Cheap RV Rentals with Unlimited Miles
It’s time to talk about mileage and how it plays into RV rentals. If you’re looking to rent a cheap campervan in the USA, you’ll need to pay close attention to extraneous fees and fines. One of the major expenses, aside from gas and food, is mileage costs. RV rental companies structure their pricing in different ways. Some include daily mileage limitations in their base rate. For example, a Class C RV may rent for $120 per day with a 100-mile daily limit. If you go over the limit, they’ll charge you for each mile thereafter.
Mileage limits, in addition to overage fees, vary by company – you can see how this can get confusing. Your best option? Look for companies that offer unlimited miles! Then, you won’t even have to think about mileage. Small RV rental companies often run unlimited mileage specials throughout the year. You can also check RVshare listings for unlimited miles– most owners will display it right in the body text of the ad.
Hire a Campervan Cheap – How to Find a Campervan Hire USA on a Budget
The RV rental market is vast. There are hundreds of options for renting, and thousands of different types of RVs. It’s easy to see how all the different rates, rules, and extra fees can make your head spin with numbers. We’ve gathered a few tips to help you rent a campervan cheap for the holidays:
- Look for straightforward rental companies that don’t bury their hidden fees in fine print. A good rental company will have all applicable fees listed on one page, or right in the RV description. If it seems like something's missing, check their “Policies” page for more information.
- Keep in mind that RV rentals entail more than just a daily base rate. You’ll also have to pay security and damage deposits, in addition to any extra fees as noted above. Extra fees include things like mileage and generator overages, optional kitchen and linen kits, and fines for returning the RV late or with full holding tanks. Some companies may also charge a cleaning or preparation fee.
- Find out what the company offers for insurance. You’ll need both liability and auto insurance to rent a cheap campervan in the USA. Most companies offer liability insurance included in the rental rate. Some offer additional auto insurance for a small daily fee. If not, you’ll have to go through a third party provider like MBA insurance.
- If you need an RV just to get to a specific destination, always check for one-way deals and factory delivery specials first. A quick Google search will pull up companies that offer specials. Then, you’ll have to check each company's website to see which locations qualify.
- If you can, bring your own kitchen and linen supplies. Almost all companies charge you for these, usually around $50-$100 per person or kit. You can save a couple hundred dollars by bringing it yourself. This list from GoRVing is a good starting point, though you likely won’t need everything on it.
Get Out There and Start Saving!
Finding a cheap campervan rental isn’t difficult so long as you’re armed with the knowledge of how RV rentals work. Hopefully, we’ve instilled you with enough confidence to go out there and find the best possible deals. Start searching our rental listings to find RV owners throughout the U.S., or check for one-way specials online. Good Luck!