Top RVs Nearby
Why P2P Networks Have More RV Rental Locations Than Any Other Service
If you’ve ever wanted to rent an RV for your vacation, now is the perfect time to do it! With so many options for renting, it’s fast and easy to book your RV, pack your bags, and hit the open road. Peer-to-Peer rental networks, like RVshare, have been growing in popularity at breakneck speed. Hundreds of thousands of people use P2P networks each year; we’ll tell you why in this guide.
What is a P2P RV Rental Site?
Peer-to-Peer RV rental sites are similar to Airbnb and Uber. People on one end are looking for a service (like a ride or a place to stay), while people on the other end can provide that service. P2P networking removes the middleman, putting consumers in direct contact with providers. In the case of RVshare, this refers to RV owners and renters. Instead of renting through a commercial RV rental service, you get to rent right from the person who owns the RV! It’s a simple process – here’s how it works:
- You’ll put in your trip dates and city or town to see RV and camper rental locations in your area . This will pull up a list of available RVs.
- Search through the different types of RVs until you find one that fits your needs and budget. You’ll see all kinds of rigs, like customized Class A’s, vintage trailers, maybe even a toterhome! It’s a great place to start if you want something special.
- As you look through the listings, you’ll see different rates, restrictions, and reviews. That’s because owners post the listings themselves, so they get to make the rules. You might see things like mileage limitations, pet clauses, and damage deposits.
- You’ll probably find a few discounts and special deals, too. Owners usually offer discounts for longer trips or during the off-season. You can also message the owner through the system, so feel free to haggle!
- When you find the RV you want, you can request a reservation. The owner will get an email so they can do a background check before they approve you. Once approved, you’ll pay the deposit to reserve the rig.
- When it’s time to go, you’ll meet with the owner and get the keys to the RV. They’ll walk you through the vehicle, show you how everything works, and answer and questions you have. Don’t be surprised if you hear a few stories – most RV owners love sharing tales of their adventures on the road!
- Both you and the owner have liability coverage (courtesy of us) while you’re traveling. However, you’ll need to get your own auto insurance, either through your carrier, or in some cases, through the owner’s insurance. You’ll also have access to 24/7 roadside assistance in case you have a mechanical problem or break down.
- Once vacation is over, return the RV, do another walkthrough with the owner, and you’re good to go! Don’t forget to leave a review about your experience with the owner; it’ll help other renters decide if they’re a good choice!
Benefits of P2P RV Rental Locations
Consumers were rather limited in their options before P2P networks were around. Traditionally, you’d have to rent from either a big chain service or a small, local business. While the choice is ultimately up to you, P2P rentals offer a few advantages over other services:
- You have access to a much larger, more diverse inventory than you would anywhere else.
- Rental rates are usually lower than other RV rental places, and there tend to be fewer incidents of surprise fees.
- You can negotiate rates directly with the owner. You can also message them with any questions or concerns.
- You still get the same liability coverage that you would with a large chain.
- You’ll enjoy the personal touch of one-on-one interaction, which is rare with busy commercial rental services.
- The integrated rating system means you don’t have to go searching around the internet for information about the owner.
- We offer a rewards program that gives you 5% cashback on your rental!
Whether you rent from a rental service or through our network, we have a few tips to help you save time and money on the road:
- Plan your trip ahead of time, and we mean really plan it. While part of the RV lifestyle embraces spontaneity, another important aspect is route planning. Getting lost or turned away from a campground isn’t just annoying, it also devours fuel and costs you money.
- Use a route planner to help you find roads and stops along the way.
- Likewise, handy gas apps show the cheapest gas stations near you.
- Pack lightly. RVs can only handle so much weight, which isn’t much once you calculate the weight of passengers and essential appliances. The more weight you put on the RV, the more fuel it will use.
- Check for campground discounts through Passport America or AAA. Or, you can always try camping without hookups for a night or two!
RV Rental Locations Near Me
It wasn’t always so convenient to find nearby RV rentals. Before P2P networks, there were only a handful of nationwide RV rental services, like Cruise America and Camping World. While they offered convenience, they lacked the personalized customer service that you’ll find with small business. Furthermore, commercial rental services tend to have narrower inventories and lower-quality vehicles. After all, they’re in the business of renting out RVs, so most of the rigs have many miles on them.
P2P websites connect owners and renters from all over the country; you’ll find something whether you live in a big city or small town! It’s easy to find motorhome rental locations nearby, just head over to our main page, enter your town and travel dates, and start looking through the local inventory!
P2P RV rental networks combine the convenience of nationwide chains with the excellent customer service and lower rates of local businesses. Whether you’re looking to go skiing in Vermont, stealth camping in New York, or surfing in California, you’ll have no trouble finding the RV that’s right for you. So go ahead, search our inventory now and start dreaming up your next big adventure!