National RV Rentals
Search For RV Rentals
Your Guide to Finding National RV Rentals
You can find RV rentals just about anywhere in the country. These days, there are hundreds of RV rental companies, ranging from large commercial businesses to individual renters. That being said, you’ll have your work cut out for you if you’re looking for national RV rentals all in one place. RV rental companies may be widespread, but there are only a handful of companies that have locations all over the nation. If you’re traveling here from another country or are looking for rental companies with multiple locations, we’ll help you find the best national RV rental companies – just keep reading!
Renting an RV in the United States – How it Works
Renting an RV online is a simple process once you find the company that suits your needs. It’s similar to booking a hotel room or a plane ticket:
- You’ll look through online listings to find the right RV, whether you want a massive Class A, a compact conversion van, or something in between.
- Put in your travel dates to see which nationwide RV rentals are available during that time, and how much renting one will cost. Just like with a hotel room or flight, the earlier you book it, the more money you’ll save.
- You’ll need to go over the rental policies and rates to weed out any hidden fees. Be on the lookout for mileage and generator limits, in addition to fees for returning the RV late or other penalty fees.
- Once you’re satisfied with a rental, you’ll put down a deposit to reserve it. Most companies ask for a security deposit and a damage deposit. The former goes toward your total rental cost; the latter is a refundable fee.
- On the day you pick up the RV, you’ll be given a walkthrough and a demonstration on how to use all the systems. You may have to watch a few driving tutorials as well. So, if you’ve never driven an RV before, don’t worry!
- The majority of RV rental companies provide liability insurance. Some of them also provide additional auto insurance for a fee. Otherwise, you’ll need to get your own auto coverage through a third-party service, or through your current provider.
- Once you return the RV, they’ll do another walkthrough to check for damage. This is also when they’ll check your mileage to make sure you didn’t go over the limits. As long as everything checks out, you’ll get your damage deposit back within a few days.
Finding Nationwide RV Rental Companies
So now you know how the rental process works, but you still need to narrow down which companies offer nationwide motorhome rentals. You have several options:
- If you’re traveling cross-country, you may want to look for a nationwide company with multiple locations. That way, if you need to switch out your RV or get service, you’re never far from a branch. Cruise America is a well-known national RV rental company with 124 locations across the United States. However, their inventory is limited to Class C RVs and truck campers. If you have your heart set on a different type of RV, you’ll have to look elsewhere.
- One benefit of renting from a large chain is their one-way discounts and factory delivery specials. If you’re flying into the States and taking a one-way trip, this can be a great way to save money. You’ll pick up the RV at one branch location and “deliver” it to another. Of course, this only works if there are branches near your destination. El Monte RV has dozens of locations throughout the country, and they frequently offer multiple specials at a time. They have a slightly better selection of RVs, with a bevy of Class A’s, Class C’s, and towables.
- Peer-to-peer networks put a spin (no pun intended) on the traditional rental service. RVshare offers nationwide RV rentals from real, live people. Instead of renting from a large company, you’ll be renting from an individual RV owner. Our online marketplace connects RV owners and renters all over the country. You’ll work one-on-one with the owner to decide your rental terms, answer questions, and reserve your rental. Best of all, our inventory spans the spectrum. If you want a one-of-a-kind motorhome, or you just want to save some money by renting a no-frills RV, check with us first.
Why Rent From RVshare?
You have a limited selection of nationwide RV rental companies in the USA, so we understand your need to find the best one. Unfortunately, many of the larger companies fall victim to the usual drawbacks of a commercial business: lower quality products, dispassionate customer service, and nickel-and-diming tactics. RVshare offers nationwide rentals, without all the corporate pitfalls:
- You’ll work with friendly RV owners who genuinely love to travel and want others to do the same. Seriously! Read some of our rental reviews.
- RV owners love their rigs and take great care of them. You’ll notice that most of the RVs in our network are in excellent condition, even if they’re old. They often have fewer miles on them because they’re not constantly being rented out and driven all over the place.
- Owners set their rental rates and terms themselves, so they’re usually open to negotiation. Plus, their rates tend to start lower since they don’t have all the overhead that big companies do.
- Just because you’re renting from a “small business,” doesn’t mean you can’t get big coverage! RVshare protects owners and renters with up to $1 million in liability coverage. We also offer free, 24/7 roadside assistance, no matter where you are. Some owners will even let you jump on their auto policy for a small daily fee.
The Adventure Begins…
Start packing your bags and planning your itinerary; your search for a national motorhome rental is over. If you’re on the hunt for a one-way special or location-based deal, look for a chain company with multiple locations. If you want to find just the right RV, work with an individual RV owner, and save money, search our nationwide inventory now. Safe travels!