Burning Man RV Rental
Search For RV Rentals
Surviving the Desert - Burning Man RV Rental
Black Rock City in Nevada is home to the annual Burning Man event, a temporary community of thousands of people. Each year, people come from all over the country (and the globe) to be a part of this unique experience. However, the desert can be harsh, so many people look for Burning Man RV rentals.
Burning Man RV Pickup Locations
Burning Man takes place in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert, which spans more than 300,000 acres north of Reno. Because of this, there are a number of popular places to rent an RV on the west coast before heading to the desert. There are several companies that specialize in rentals for Burning Man in Reno and elsewhere. Not in Nevada? No problem. If you’re heading to Burning Man from Los Angeles, simply pick up an RV and hit the road. Their website offers several scenic routes to get to Burning Man through Sacramento or the Mojave Desert.
Burning Man RV Rental Rates
Pricing on RV rentals for Burning Man varies widely depending on the services you want. On average, expect to find rates like the following for delivery:
- Class A rental: $10,000- $12,000
- Fifth Wheel rental: $8,500 - $10,000
- Travel Trailer: $7,000 - $8,500
- Basic RV rental (smaller classes): $5,500 - $7,000
- Luxury RV Rental Burning Man - $10,000 +
Of course, pickup rates tend to be a lot less expensive, but you’ll have to spend money on gas. Check area RV rentals for Burning Man RV to find the best rates based on class and pickup location.
Burning Man RVing Tips
Burning Man RV camping is an experience unlike any other. It’s magical, but can also be trying. After all, you’re in a desert! We’ve gathered some tips from seasoned Burning Man RVers to help you on your journey.
- Generators quickly drain your fuel supply, so get creative when you need to cool off. Technomadia has a great suggestion for avoiding using your generator: Attach a damp towel on your ceiling vent fan and switch it to “in.” The air will cool as it flows into your rig.
- Solar power is a great way to charge your batteries. Of course, if you’re renting an RV, you can’t go drilling solar panels onto the roof. Either look for a rental that’s already outfitted, or use a portable solar panel that you can set up on your campsite.
- The playa gets dusty! Since you’re renting an RV, you want to make sure you return it clean and free of dust. Dust can cause damage to the RV inside and out, which means you won’t get your security deposit back. You can seal up crevices and switches with painter’s tape to prevent dust buildup. You may also want to use AC filters to seal protect your vents. Some Burning Man rental packages include cleaning services.
- Be mindful of how you position your RV in the wind. The Burning Man website recommends you park your RV on the edge of the campsites, so you act as a wind barrier for people camping in tents. They’ll be grateful for it. Always keep an eye on your awnings and retract them when you leave your site.
- One of the most important tips is to conserve your water! Burning Man is the ultimate test of boondocking abilities. Do It Yourself RV has several tips for conserving water while still staying clean. Also remember that dumping your tanks is prohibited on the playa and RV service is expensive, so try to use the campground toilets as much as possible.
- Keep your electricity usage to a minimum. That means unplugging appliances when you’re not using them and using LED lanterns instead of your house lights. Again, solar power is a great supplemental resource.
- Lastly, understand that you are responsible for any leaks in your RV, whether oil, tanks, or otherwise. It’s your job to make sure they don’t happen, and if they do, you must clean them. There are RV service trucks that drive around, but you’ll need to contain the leak in the meantime. The Burning Man RV Guidelines recommend you bring a five-gallon bucket to catch leaks and clean up debris.
Burning Man is an incredible experience and learning opportunity. Camping at Burning Man in an RV adds another layer to the journey and ensures that you’re protected from the harsh desert weather. Prepare ahead of time and you can expect a safe and enjoyable stay. Especially remember to keep your RV clean if you’re renting, so you don’t lose your deposit! Have fun, and please feel free to share some tips if you’ve rented an RV for Burning Man before.
Search For RV Rentals
Why Book Your RV Rental With RVshare
A secure payment system gives you peace of mind.
FREE 24/7 roadside assistance is provided for your entire trip.
5% cash back rewards to use towards your next trip.