There are two main areas to understand when it comes to payments:
- Ensure your payment account is set up to you can get paid for your bookings on time.
- Understand how payouts work to avoid any confusion about when you should expect to be paid
Setting Up Your Payments Account
When you first onboard with RVshare, you are asked to add details about your RV. This enables RVshare to publish your listing onto the site as quickly as possible. A quick next step for you should be to make sure your payments account is set up so you get can paid when you receive a booking.
To set up a payments account after you have created your listing, navigate to the Payments menu from your Dashboard. Next, go to Payout Preferences > Update your Payout Details.
RVshare partners with Stripe, a global payments platform to process payments. When you add your payout details, Stripe will ask you a few questions to verify your identity and add your bank information. While payout preferences can be entered at any time, if they have not been added to your account prior to a booking being accepted, a delay of up to 10 business days is possible for your first payout. All payments after the first payout will adhere to the normal payout schedule (see below).
Understanding Your Payouts
A payout is the total cost you receive from each booking. There are several factors that are involved in payouts:
- Payouts for booked rentals are released on the first business day after the start of the reservation. This means that if the reservation begins on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, the payout will not be released until Monday.
- Please keep in mind that if Monday is a holiday, your payout will not be released until Tuesday.
- It typically only takes 1-2 business days for the funds to reach your account after they have been released, but we suggest waiting 5 business days to reach out, as bank processing times can vary.
- If a reservation was cancelled and you are still owed a payout due to the cancellation policy, your payout will still be released, as scheduled, one business day after the rental would have begun.