Learn More About Hertz RV Rental
Search For RV Rentals
Hertz RV Rental is not associated with RVshare. This page is simply a resource, providing more information on all RV rental options, including Hertz RV Rental.
Not Just Cars - Hertz RV Rental
You’ve probably heard of Hertz rentals before – they’re one of the largest car rental chains in the U.S. But did you know that they also have a selection of RVs for rent? RV rentals are great for people who want to travel without the hassle and expenses of booking flights and hotels. If you’ve been thinking about taking a road trip in an RV, Hertz rentals might be a good choice.
Hertz Motorhome Rentals
Hertz offers rentals throughout the U.S., Australia, the U.K, and New Zealand. In the states, they partner with Apollo RV Rentals. You’ll need to visit the Apollo website if you want more information on Hertz RV rentals in the USA, since the Hertz website leaves much to be desired in this area. Apollo offers five different rigs:
- The Pioneer, a compact Class C that’s between 22 to 25 feet. It has a double bed in the back, a cabover bed, and a convertible dinette. You could comfortably sleep three or four people in this RV.
- The Sunrise Escape, A Class C that ranges from 25 to 27 feet in length. It can sleep up to five people.
- The Eclipse Camper, which is a comfortable mid-sized Class C. It comes in several sizes, from 28 to 31 feet. It can easily sleep up to five people while still feeling spacious.
- The US Wanderer, a large Class C ranging in length from 30 to 33 feet. You can sleep up to six people in here, and the large living area is perfect for a group of that size.
- The Elite Traveler, a 31-foot Class A motorhome. You can fit up to five people in this rig, and the slideout opens up some additional space.
Thinking About Renting a RV From Hertz RV Rental?
If you’re looking to Hertz to rent an RV, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Hertz is somewhat in a class of its own because it’s not an RV dealership, like most rental services. Here are a few things to consider:
- They have seven locations in the United States: Denver, New York, Orlando, Seattle, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and San Francisco. You’ll have to fly to one of those locations if you want a Hertz camper rental.
- They offer occasional specials in America and other countries. Specials are usually seasonal or based on RV type.
- Though they only have a handful of rental locations, they offer relocation specials all over the country. For example, they’re currently running a special from Iowa to New York. At $1 per night! They have some of the lowest rates for relocation specials, so be sure to check out this area of the site.
- If you rent a motorhome in the winter, you’ll have to get it winterized. It costs money, but it’s worth it if you want to do some scenic winter traveling.
- Apollo offers generator rentals for $3 per hour. However, unlike most rental services, they offer an alternative generator package. You can purchase unlimited generator use for $5 per day.
- You’ll have to buy a mileage package, which they sell in 500-mile blocks for $188. If you go over, you’ll have to pay $0.40 for each additional mile.
- Apollo supplies cookware and utensils. You’ll need to bring your own linens, or rent a package from them.
- Hertz rentals are always new and in great condition. They have the newest models and claim to take meticulous care of each unit.
- Like most RV rental services, Hertz campervan hires come with 24/7 roadside assistance.
If you want to get started with Hertz, just put in your location and travel dates on the Apollo site. You’ll be able to see what’s available and if there are any current specials. Once you decide on the RV you want, it’s easy to book through their online form.
Other Options for RV Rentals
There’s a new style of renting that has a few advantages over rental chains and dealerships: peer-to-peer networking. In the same vein as Airbnb, P2P RV rentals connect owners and renters directly with one another. All you have to do is enter your information to see RVs in your area, then start chatting with the RV owner once you find the rig you want to rent. There are several differences between P2P rentals and other services:
- P2P networks have larger and more diverse inventories. You never know just what you’ll find nearby. Chain rental services like Hertz campervans tend to have only a small selection.
- Rates are lower and fees are more straightforward. That’s because the owners list the terms themselves at no cost to them. Those savings get passed onto you! Plus, you can always negotiate costs through the direct messaging platform.
- You can read renter’s reviews right in the listing. It’s a little more convenient than scouring the internet for reviews on other RV rental services, or only reading the positive reviews they publish on their site.
- You’ll still get liability coverage, just as you would with a rental chain. You’ll also have round-the-clock roadside assistance.
- There are RV owners all over the country, so you can rent an RV from just about anywhere! However, if you’re looking for a relocation special, you’ll have trouble finding one on a P2P network.
Ultimately, your decision comes down to personal preference. Many people find the small business feel of P2P rentals to be a huge benefit. Owners are friendly and helpful. Most of them were avid RVers themselves, who no longer have the time to spend on the road. They love sharing the joy (and stories) of RVing with others.
RV rental services throughout the U.S. offer the opportunity to travel without the expenses of booking hotels or buying an RV. Whether you choose a P2P rental or a chain service, you’ll enjoy the ease of booking online. P2P networks offer some benefits over traditional rental services that you may want to explore before you commit. However, if you want to check out relocation deals, Hertz motorhome hire has some of the lowest rates around.
Search For RV Rentals
Why Book Your RV Rental With RVshare
A secure payment system gives you peace of mind.
FREE 24/7 roadside assistance is provided for your entire trip.
5% cash back rewards to use towards your next trip.