Does size really matter?
Well, yes, it does when deciding on how big of a propane RV refrigerator you’re shopping for! While size can be a deciding factor in your choice, there are many other options to consider, as well. You’ll need to decide which options are most important to you, when shopping for your new RV propane refrigerator. Your work is cut out for you, as the choices can vary greatly. RV propane refrigerators have been around for over 80 years now, and are a lot better than they used to be. Your choice for options, colors, brands, and sizes are extensive. One of the best ways to decide, is to do your research. Looking online and comparing brands is a great way to narrow your choices. Referrals from friends and relatives is another great option. Shown below are some questions and considerations you might want to compile, before you begin your search:
- How much space do you have for the RV propane fridge?
- Measure the dimensions of the space or area your refrigerator will need to fit into.
- How much inside space or capacity of refrigerator/freezer do you need?
- Check freezer space versus refrigerator space. Compare shelf space, are the shelves removable? Don’t forget about the inside door space. This is a great place to store jugs and jars, and makes shelf space more available.
- Do I need a fridge with an ice maker?
- Some models come with ice makers. This is a great option for those hot summer nights, and much easier than messy, drippy bags of ice.
- What color will work best, or does it even matter?
- The color choice may, or may not, be a big deal to you. If not, you may be able to save money on the less popular color choices that the dealer offers.
- What brand are you interested in?
- Are you matching it up to the appliances you already have, and want them all to be the same? If not, there are a lot of brands to choose from. Compare the options you most need against the models available, and go from there.
- What is the fuel consumption and efficiency of the fridge?
- This information can usually be found inside the fridge door, or on the manufacturer’s product sheet. You can compare this information on the internet as well.
- What type of warranty does the propane RV fridge offer?
- In general, the longer the warranty, the better the fridge. Which brings us to the next question…
- Does the dealer you’re buying from offer reputable RV refrigerator propane repair service?
- While you may not need it now, this may be of great importance in the future when you’re experiencing difficulties.
- Does the dealer offer a trade-in service?
- Some dealers that sell new and used RV propane refrigerators will take your old one as a trade-in towards your new one.
- What’s your budget?
- The prices can vary greatly. You’ll need to decide how much you have to spend, versus the most important options for your specific needs. There are several dealers, plus private parties, that you can buy a used RV propane refrigerator from. Many are in great shape, as they’ve had little use. However, you need to do your homework and check them out carefully, before buying.
So, as you can see there is a lot of information to review and think about, before making your propane refrigerator RV choice. Happy camping and stay cool!