RV LED lights can be a great asset if you live in your RV full-time, or if you travel in it often. They’re especially convenient if you like dry camping (boondocking). The lights are energy efficient and last a long time without needing to be replaced. Because of this, they’ll draw less power, which is great if you’re not connected to a power source. If you want to change your incandescent and halogen bulbs to LED RV lights, here’s what you need to know.
- LED lights for RV produce more light with less power. They’re a great energy-saving option! 12v LED lights for RV consume 0.12 amps, versus the 1.6 amps that a traditional 12v incandescent bulb uses. When you consider that you may be using ten or more bulbs in your RV, the amount of power you’re going to be saving with 12v LED RV lights is exponential.
- RV LED lights cost more to purchase, but save you money in the end. The initial cost will be more than traditional bulbs, but by saving power and not having to replace them as often, you end up saving money.
- RV LED lights don’t burn as hot. Halogen and incandescent bulbs tend to heat up after they’ve been on for a while. LED lights for RV stay cool, meaning they are safer to use.
- 12v RV LED lights come in a variety of colors. You can choose natural light, cool light, or warm light. Natural lights mimic sunlight and look the most like stepping outdoors. Cool light is usually brightest, and seems the most “white.” Warm light offers a gentle blush and looks the most like other indoor lights.
- You can get RV LED lights for a variety of places in your vehicle. You’ll find LED RV awning lights, interior RV LED lights, RV LED tail lights, and exterior RV LED lights that are motion sensitive or have bug repellant.
- Know how many bulbs you need. RVs can have up to (or more than!) 24 bulbs – know how many you need, and what sizes and styles, before you head to the store.
- RV LED lights are easy to install. You change RV LED lights the same way you change regular light bulbs – simply unscrew the other bulb and replace it with an LED light for RV.Items in post:
RV LED lights can be a valuable asset for RVers, especially those who enjoy boondocking. They’ll not only save you money, they’ll save you precious power as well!
This post may contain affiliate links.